Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do we prevent viruses from accessing ROOT inside our bodies?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How do we prevent viruses from accessing ROOT inside our bodies?

To prevent
    sudo apt-get install vaccine_all
    this has numerous dependencies

Remember: While the exercise and vitaminc packages may strengthen your viral defenses, the only coherent one that stops them in their tracks is the vaccine package

If already infected

sudo apt-get install antiviral

This only works on select viruses
    if antiviral fails

sudo apt-get install rest
    sudo apt-get install bed <helps rest run more efficiently)

Run the rest package in conjunction with the bed package until the virus is cleansed from your system
    Someone call a doctor to crack open my rib cage and repair my broken heart...

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    cool i already installed rest and vitaminc, no dependency errors there, but i need to upgrade my processor and ram for the exercise app
    I've installed rest and I still don't get any.
    *** WARNING - this poster is a 13 year old - please take appropriate adult advice before following any of his advice. Thank you ***
    If what I say seems inappropriate, I might have had a meltdown. I have Aspergers syndrome.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by pricetech View Post
    I've found that outside of rare exceptions it's best to avoid allowing physicians access to humanOS. They seem entirely to anxious to "treat" and have no inclination to "cure".

Any form of medicinal input is best avoided also, again with rare exceptions.
    I sure hope you don't tell that to people with cancer, diabetes, HIV, or many other diseases which would have killed them if not for modern medicine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Gaining root access in your machine could vary widely based on OS. Consult hypnosis documentation for your specific solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by madjr View Post
    cool i already installed rest and vitaminc, no dependency errors there, but i need to upgrade my processor and ram for the exercise app
    You can start by installing exercise-lite and let it upgrade your processor and ram -as well as everything else (yeah, exercise-lite can do it ).

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NCLI View Post
    I sure hope you don't tell that to people with cancer, diabetes, HIV, or many other diseases which would have killed them if not for modern medicine.
    Did you miss the part about "rare exceptions" ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Paqman View Post
    Random link is random. You've lost me there.
    I took it to mean that he didn't care that you corrected him.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Viruses are built by hackers. So you'll never be able to keep them completely out. When you think you've patched all the holes, They find another one. Which is why we have ethical hacking. If I can hack something and then tell someone how I did it, they can find a way around it (Vaccine <Has the little virus hackers in it, teaches our body how to fight them>) They don't really sudo su as much as making our bodies think they did. Some of them actually fool our bodies (AIDS) Some don't. I think we have a pretty good firewall already. Just make sure to sudo apt-get update!
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

If we can figure out exactly how sharks do it, and adapt the human body to do the same.......

Beans

Excessive dosing of vitamin c, (beyond what is provided by a healthy diet) is useless. Multivitimins don't do much either, provided you eat properly. And if you don't eat well, no vitamins will make up for unhealthy eating habits.
    I believe that some exposure to pathogens when the immune system is still developing results in a stronger system when mature.
    I'm gonna break rank and say that our immune system is more akin to a ******* system; your body's reaction to a cold or flu being like an antivirus scan, purging and quarantining any unwanted elements. Unfortunately, we cannot function w/out a/v protection.
    Last edited by phredbull; December 6th, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
    HP Compaq Evo N610c, P4M 2.8gHz, 768mb, ATI Radeon m7500
    Mint XFCE, Mint Isadora Fluxbox, #! Statler/CompizWM, Mint Katya, Windows XP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast