Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Einstein proved you can't cover all possible outcomes (Paradox)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If Einstein proved you can't cover all possible outcomes (Paradox)

If Einstein proved you can't cover all possible outcomes then doesn't that proof mean you can?

Elaboration: You can not cover all possible outcomes(You can not cover all possible outcomes.) = a possible outcome where you can cover all possible outcomes.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: If Einstein proved you can't cover all possible outcomes (Paradox)

I manage to get a fork to my mouth when needed does this work for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ki4jgt View Post
    If Einstein proved you can't cover all possible outcomes then doesn't that proof mean you can?

Elaboration: You can not cover all possible outcomes(You can not cover all possible outcomes.) = a possible outcome where you can cover all possible outcomes.
    If we accept that all outcomes are potential and possible, then indeed one of the possible outcomes is that you can cover all possibilities. However, we also have to accept that another of the possible outcomes is that you cannot cover all possibilities.

Thus, I believe, if the aim of the exercise is to cover all possible outcomes, then the fact that one of the possibilities is that all possible outcomes are not covered means that Einstiens' position is correct, and it is not possible to cover all outcomes. Which of course, invalidates the possible outcome that all outcomes can be covered, which means as this possibility s no longer possible, we don't need to account for it and as such we have covered all possibilities. Which then Disproves Einstein. Which isn't possible, is it?
    'I know lifes a bummer baby, But thats got precious little to do with me' - Monster Magnet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

No.
    Want an alternative to 99% of Windows applications?
    http://www.osalt.com/

"Dude, real programmers compile" - Plato 428BC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Nope, twisting the semantics does not change the intent of the message.

Beans

What is the definition of "cover" in the case of Einstein's proof.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You assume that an {outcome where you can cover all possible outcomes} is possible.

Besides: do you have a link to whatever you say Einstein proved?
    make install - not war!

Oh hai!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Einstein said time is relative but all my relatives make excuses for being late.
    Intelligence - that which leads to harmony

Beans

Covering all possible outcomes introduces a new outcome that need be covered, and so on, and so forth, in a recursive fashion. That's the mental equivalent of :(){ :|: & };: (don't run that).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bryncoles View Post
    If we accept that all outcomes are potential and possible, then indeed one of the possible outcomes is that you can cover all possibilities. However, we also have to accept that another of the possible outcomes is that you cannot cover all possibilities.

Thus, I believe, if the aim of the exercise is to cover all possible outcomes, then the fact that one of the possibilities is that all possible outcomes are not covered means that Einstiens' position is correct, and it is not possible to cover all outcomes. Which of course, invalidates the possible outcome that all outcomes can be covered, which means as this possibility s no longer possible, we don't need to account for it and as such we have covered all possibilities. Which then Disproves Einstein. Which isn't possible, is it?
    If I could I would upvote this.
    Sadly Ubuntu forum doesn't have this option.
    http://www.buffalox.dk
    Warning may contain MS bashing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast