Thread: Adding music to an already existing slideshot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Adding music to an already existing slideshot

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1530741

Using the method mentioned in that post will give you a slide show. How can you add music to it?
    Switching from Windows to Ubuntu one small step at a time

Beans
    Distro

Re: Adding music to an already existing slideshot

This post kinda relates to my other post in a way, so I want to make sure people can read them both to follow this topic:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post10198803

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by toolmania1 View Post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1530741

Using the method mentioned in that post will give you a slide show. How can you add music to it?
    The method, from that link you've gave implies creating a .gif file, composed from sliding images. That's not such a big deal, but the thing it's gif's are animated images and don't support sound streams. If you wanna add sound to a sliding image project use Open Office's Presentation, that's the clone of MS PowerPoint or Smile an open source software especially designed for slideshows. Or bind the images into a video format, mpeg, avi and so on so you could add a sound sequence to them using Kdenlive for example. Or to keep it really simple you can use the gimp's creating gifs method, and just play the sound file as the animated gif unfolds.
    Last edited by I'mGeorge; December 5th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.
    Debian rulz but Ubuntu it's alright either

Beans
    Distro

Ok, thanks for the tips. I will update which method later that I found worked.

Quote Originally Posted by I'mGeorge View Post
    The method, from that link you've gave implies creating a .gif file, composed from sliding images. That's not such a big deal, but the thing it's gif's are animated images and don't support sound streams. If you wanna add sound to a sliding image project use Open Office's Presentation, that's the clone of MS PowerPoint or Smile an open source software especially designed for slideshows. Or bind the images into a video format, mpeg, avi and so on so you could add a sound sequence to them using Kdenlive for example. Or to keep it really simple you can use the gimp's creating gifs method, and just play the sound file as the animated gif unfolds.