Thread: battery applett in top pannel missing

Beans

Angry battery applett in top pannel missing

Thanks to community, my problem solved when I updated Bios of my machine to 1.18 (from Acer official Website).

dear friends,
    I am little new to Ubuntu and Linux. I was using Ubuntu excellently in my old laptop Acer Aspire 5920. Recently I installed Ubuntu 10.04 in my new Acer Aspire 4745 and I am very much disappointed since it could not configure correctly. one of the problems is my battery applet is missing at right corner of top panel, I tried by 'add to panel' by right clicking it but no use, and I also tried from Power Preference, when change the settings 'display always' it displays but doesn't response to battery changes.
    As far as I thing it is some system configuration problem, Ubuntu could not detect the battery as it seems to me.

Another problem is I could not record sound using Gnome-Sound-Recorder.

Please give me some solution since I am new and don't have much software knowledge.
    Last edited by kamakshaiah; December 22nd, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: requires to change Notification Link

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: battery applett in top pannel missing

/Azyx

Ubuntu 14.04LTS 64bit, 14.04 Lubuntu 32-bit on eeePCs and OSX on a G4 800MHz iMac (iLamp). I think I have an W7 on one of my Virtualbox machine under 14.04LTS?

Beans

Re: battery applett in top pannel missing

Thank you, it helped me