Thread: HDD partition

Beans

HDD partition

Hi

I just installed ubuntu on a hard drive using the wubi installer from windows, but now I cannot manage to see the other partition. I installed it on patition 2, so now I can't see the partition ubuntu is installed in.
    Do you have any ideas how to fix that, because I'm pretty new to ubuntu and have no idea.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HDD partition

I don't quite sure i follow you. Is it that you cannot access the Ubuntu partition from Windows?`That's quite normal, as Ubuntu uses a filesystem Windows cannot access. You can, however, access your Windows partition from within Ubuntu.
    What? I'm not allowed to say fsck? Then how is i supposed to help people fix their filesystems?

Beans

yeah that's what im trying to say, I can access the windows partition from linux but since my hard drive is divided into 2 partitions (C:/ and D:/) and I installed ubuntu on D:/, I can only access C:/, I can't see the files in D:/

Beans

Ubuntu is an operating system, not a program. Ubuntu may have taken over the D partition.

From a Linux terminal window type in

sudo fdisk -l /dev/sd[a-d]
    sudo fdisk -l /dev/hd[a-d]

(note that's an lower case -L, not the number 1)

Highlight the text and copy. Post the output. If it shows the partitions as Linux, then the windows based files are gone.