Thread: Lost internet over night

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lost internet over night

Yesterday night when I turned my computer off to go to bed, internet was working perfectly. This morning, I am unable to connect at all! The LEDs do not light up, no matter what cable I use (or, they do tend to light up for about a second when I put the cable in, and once they light up for a while when the computer was booting up). I'm afraid the card might be damaged, but it seems unlikely since it was working fine yesterday and the computer hasn't been touched since then...
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Lost internet over night

Are you sure your Internet access is still there? Maybe it's the router/the splitter/the provider.

Have you checked that with another computer?
    If SUDO is all-powerful, can SUDO start a process that SUDO can't kill?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Blutkoete View Post
    Are you sure your Internet access is still there? Maybe it's the router/the splitter/the provider.

Have you checked that with another computer?
    Yes, thats one of the first things I did. I checked it using my laptop, by disabling its wireless connection and moving the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the laptop. It had no issues connecting :/
    My cross-platform python modules for PVA or population simulation https://code.google.com/p/nobones/, written in Ubuntu!

Beans

Perhaps it went into hibernation the first time? I've had occasional problems restoring a connection from hibernation. Complete shutdowns always work.