Thread: dual boot with windows issue

Beans

dual boot with windows issue

Hey there ubuntu community,
    I have recently switched almost completely to ubuntu but i have a partition for windowsXP just in case i ever need it. (i hope i dont, im enjoying ubuntu way too much.) I installed ubuntu first and then partitioned my HD and installed windows with success at getting grub 2 to work after windows. The issue i am running into is i am trying to load avg anti-virus onto windows but the partition for windows labels the disk drive as F:. The anti-virus is looking for a C: to install into and cannot find one. Is there a way to change the label of F: to C: for windows.Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: dual boot with windows issue

There should be an advanced option during the AVG install regarding path of installation.

Or the driver letter can be changed by right clicking My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. Don't remember further but it should be easy from there.

Or you can also go to some Windows Forums and ask the same question there.

Good Luck!

Beans

Maybe you should rather ask in a windows related forum since ... thats kinda a windows problem/modification...

Beans

Thank you guys. I wasnt sure if there was something in grub i had to change or what. im new to all this stuff so its taking me a min. ill give it a try the next time im in windows but as of now i dont really have a use for windows, just gettin bored and hopin there was something in ubuntu to play around with.