Thread: HP Pavilion dv6 - HP TrueVision Webcam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

HP Pavilion dv6 - HP TrueVision Webcam

I just bought an HP Pavilion dv6 a few months ago. It's been working WONDERFULLY with Ubuntu on it. Everything has been working perfectly.

My problem is that, like all webcams, this HP TrueVision has an automatic light compensation thing going on. It automatically brightens the picture and adjusts for poor lighting. This, however, creates IMMENSE amount of lag during videochat sessions.

I can't seem to find a control panel to adjust this feature. Is there one that exists, has one been installed by default that I haven't found, or am I out of luck?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    Our OS who art in CPU,
    Linux be thy name.
    Thy programs run, thy syscalls done,
    In kernel as it is in user!

Beans

Re: HP Pavilion dv6 - HP TrueVision Webcam

I'm also facing problem with HP Pavilion dv6 - HP TrueVision Webcam. Cheese is showing blank screen.

Beans

sorry i have installed ubuntu 11.04

Smile Re: HP Pavilion dv6 - HP TrueVision Webcam

Hi all.

I have a dual boot setup with Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion dv6. I also have web cam problems (HP TrueVision HD).

(1) In Ubuntu, the web cam works using Cheese and Skype but it is very dark and very poor resolution; very grainy.
    (2) In Ubuntu, I connected my Logitech USB web cam. It works a bit better than the HP TrueVision HD but still gives a poor quality for the Logitech web cam. I also tested with Cheese and Skype.
    (3) In Windows 7 both the HP TrueVision HD and my Logitech cameras work perfectly in Skype.

I have seen a few comments in other forums that it is hardware but since the cams work in Windows it seems like it is something else. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem ?

Many thanks in advance.

David.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi David and others,

I have exactly the same problem as you David.
    Did you fix it?
    If so how?

BR,
    Albert