Thread: Intel Pro-Wireless/Ubuntu 10.10/HP dv6809us URGENT HELP!

Beans

Intel Pro-Wireless/Ubuntu 10.10/HP dv6809us URGENT HELP!

1 ) Machine Brand and Model (PC/Laptop):
    HP Pavilion dv6809us Laptop

2) Ubuntu 10.10 desktop version.

I don't know what Grep is or anything, but basically I've got a standard HP Pavilion Laptop with the Intel Pro/Wireless card in it. Everything in Ubuntu works well, but I just can't figure out how to connect to the wireless. Under the wireless thing it says no networks found, firmware update needed. I searched everywhere and the best I could find is a nwsupdater or something but I have no idea how to install that or anything. I am pretty new to linux but I have Ubuntu installed and would really like to connect to my Windstream router that all my other computers are connected to. If you need anymore information about the computer, just type in how i can go to the system information on Ubuntu because I have no idea. Thanks for your help. I would really appreciate some help ASAP because I'd like to get it working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Intel Pro-Wireless/Ubuntu 10.10/HP dv6809us URGENT HELP!

I'd start here:

man grep

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kernelingus View Post
    I'd start here:
    If the OP doesn't know what grep is, do you really think he'd know what "man grep" is. Quit trolling.

As for the original question. This link may provide useful: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo
    Last edited by unknownPoster; November 24th, 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Beans

hey guys thanks for trying. all i did though was connect my ethernet cable directly to it, went to add additional drivers and downloaded the wireless driver. now it is working great. what a great free operating system this is. it reminds me of the old apple notebook i used to own. very nice.