Thread: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Getting these errors when doing apt-get update

Code:
    W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmcenery/ppa/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmcenery/ppa/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/pmcenery/ppa/ubuntu/dists/oneiric/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found
    Seems like the files are missing...wait a day or 2 and try again. Hopefully they were just down when you were trying to download them. Worst case = they've been removed.

Beans

Apple has locked their iOS operating system up again for iDevices. I have this same problem with my iPod Touch. Their is a simple fix. Downgrade your iDevice back to iPhone OS 3.1.2. If you didn't save your SSH blobs than you are almost out of luck. If not Jailbreak your iDevice, and download iFile, and Terminal. It should show up on Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just for confirmation, it is still possible to mount your iOS 4.x or even 5.x iDevice under 12.04 Ubuntu as long as you have iFuse and libimobiledevice installed

Beans

Unhappy Re: iPhone no longer mounting after iOS 4.2 upgrade

Hi to everybody,
    I installed ubuntu 10.04 as single boot on my MacBookPro3.1 and all is gone right.

The only problem I have is to mount the iPod Touch. When i plug the usb the device start to recharge while, linux do not recognize its presence.

I also used: lp-ppa-pmcenery/lucid; the pachage istalled from this source are:

gvfs
    gvfs-backends
    gvfs-bin
    gvfs-fuse
    ifuse
    libgpod-common
    libgpod4
    libimobiledevice1
    libplist1
    libusbmuxd1
    usbmuxd

Do you have any suggestion?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What version of iOS is it running? Also, any reason you went with 10.04 specifically? If you want better community support, I'd recommend reinstall with 12.04 LTS instead.

Beans

The version I run is 4.2.1. I use the 10.04 specifically because I use the computer mainly for work and our 'boss' prefer we use this version. So I can not update my system to 12.04.
    Last edited by RicSG; August 6th, 2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: emoticon

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223