Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: HOWTO: Resize the WUBI virtual disk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Resize the WUBI virtual disk

Quote Originally Posted by fayanora View Post
    I am a complete newbie at this. I'm trying the first option, within wubi. I got as far as Terminal. I did everything right to that point. Terminal's command line says " fayanora@ubuntu:~$ " before the cursor. I tried typing " bash wubi-resize_1.5b.sh --help " and got "no such file or directory." Tried " bash wubi-resize_1.5b.sh" and got the same thing. Friend suggested going to the root directory. Tried CD, CHDIR, even SUDO. SUDO at least got me a password prompt. I put in my password, but everything I try gives me "command not found." I think it's because I have no frakking clue what I'm doing. I don't even know how to specify what folder the file is in (Downloads)! Can someone walk me through this?
    It's probably in your Downloads folder:
    Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    The ~ represents your /home directory so is equivalent to:
    Code:
    cd /home/fayanora/Downloads
    Note that directory/filenames are case-sensitive, and you can use the [TAB] key for autocompletion. In other words you can type:
    cd Dow[TAB]
    or
    sudo bash wubi-[TAB]
    and it will autocomplete (assuming you are in the correct directory).

If you're stuck you can just browse for it and confirm the location before you go to the terminal. Or just download the script again and remember where you save it.

hope that helps

Beans

Thanks, I'll try it!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thread closed per request of the OP. Please visit the Ubuntu community docs linked in the first post.
    Back to Xorg...

Retired.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

This thread is closed.

The information is now held on the community wiki at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...licateWubiDisk

Thank you for your thread and the work you have done in keeping it current and of use to the community.

A thread for discussion of the wiki can be found at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2012404

Support threads regarding the wiki and it's content should be created in a suitable forum.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112