Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Resize the WUBI virtual disk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOWTO: Resize the WUBI virtual disk

Quote Originally Posted by Dalladubb View Post
    I think Wallch uses a temp folder and a batch copy of the folder of pics I point it at and deletes each file as it's cycled out to avoid repeats before batch copying again once it runs out.

It's kind of old.
    Why don't you file a bug. It seems inefficient. e.g. if it used a database it could probably achieve the same without copying/deleting files. I think Ubuntu comes with couchdb built-in.

Beans

Hello..

I just tried resizing my virtual disk to 30GB and I am getting an error I haven't seen yet in this thread. I tried --resume without fixing anything just to see if it will push through but it seems like it is not. This is what the got the first time and after the --resume.

wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Resume previous resize attempt? (Y/N)
    Y
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Copying files - this will take some time.
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Please be patient...
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Copying from root (/)
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Copying from /boot
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Copying from /usr
    rsync: read errors mapping "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libFLAC.so.8.2.0": Input/output error (5)
    rsync: read errors mapping "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libFLAC.so.8.2.0": Input/output error (5)
    ERROR: usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libFLAC.so.8.2.0 failed verification -- update discarded.
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1070) [sender=3.0.8]
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Copying files failed or was canceled. Return code: 23
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Correct errors and rerun with --resume option
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Please wait - cleaning up...
    wubi-resize_1.5b.sh: Operation aborted
    Any help?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xklusivguy View Post
    Hello..

I just tried resizing my virtual disk to 30GB and I am getting an error I haven't seen yet in this thread. I tried --resume without fixing anything just to see if it will push through but it seems like it is not. This is what the got the first time and after the --resume.

Any help?
    rsync doesn't like that file: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libFLAC.so.8.2.0

Not sure what that's about, but it seems like Input/output error (5) means that either there is a problem with the filesystem or the disk. Maybe it has been corrupted. Try running fsck on the root.disk (from a live CD). Try copying the file manually - see if that gives you errors.
    Last edited by bcbc; April 19th, 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Beans

Question Re: HOWTO: Resize the WUBI virtual disk

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for all information here. Very big help to all Ubuntu users especially for newbie like me.

However, I still need you guys advice since my situation is different.

I installed Ubuntu on my netbook with WUBI at the first time. However, I deleted all related Windows folders from HDD after I got affected by viruses. Now, I have only Ubuntu on my HDD with several partitions (ext and ntfs) and I'm running low on diskspace (10 GB).

I have read threads here but I really don't know if I could increase my limited 10 GB.

My questions are:

1. I don't have a Live CD/USB for booting. Can I create one from my current Ubuntu? or Can I create with my desktop Windows?
    2. If I can, should I forward with Automated technique or go manually?
    3. I understood that I have to Reboot into Windows to rename "root.disk" folder. How could I do this since I don't have Windows OS on my netbook anymore?
    4. Do I have to re-install Windows XP on my netbook again in order to accomplish it?

Any recommend idea are very welcome and I truly appreciate your all help.

Thanks!!!
    jsiras

Beans

Oh, I found my usb stick but it's Fedora 14 live user. Does it help?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jsiras View Post
    Hi there,

First of all, thanks for all information here. Very big help to all Ubuntu users especially for newbie like me.

However, I still need you guys advice since my situation is different.

I installed Ubuntu on my netbook with WUBI at the first time. However, I deleted all related Windows folders from HDD after I got affected by viruses. Now, I have only Ubuntu on my HDD with several partitions (ext and ntfs) and I'm running low on diskspace (10 GB).

I have read threads here but I really don't know if I could increase my limited 10 GB.

My questions are:

1. I don't have a Live CD/USB for booting. Can I create one from my current Ubuntu? or Can I create with my desktop Windows?
    2. If I can, should I forward with Automated technique or go manually?
    3. I understood that I have to Reboot into Windows to rename "root.disk" folder. How could I do this since I don't have Windows OS on my netbook anymore?
    4. Do I have to re-install Windows XP on my netbook again in order to accomplish it?

Any recommend idea are very welcome and I truly appreciate your all help.

Thanks!!!
    jsiras
    I think it's time to migrate. Wubi without Windows ==> Problem (no ability to fix NTFS file system corruption)

Oh, I found my usb stick but it's Fedora 14 live user. Does it help?
    Yes you could use that, but ... see previous comment. It's important to have something you can boot as a rescue medium, e.g. to run GParted or reinstall a bootloader. If it were me I'd replace Fedora with Ubuntu (same release you are using).

Beans

Thanks bcbc!!!

I found a way to create Ubuntu Live USB stick and was able to load with it. However, I couldn't run Gparted and couldn't install Knome partition editor either.

I take your advice and will take a look at "migrate".

Thanks again, I will try something on Monday and report back here. Also might need you guys help again.

Really appreciate.

jsiras

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks bcbc!!!

I found a way to create Ubuntu Live USB stick and was able to load with it. However, I couldn't run Gparted and couldn't install Knome partition editor either.

I take your advice and will take a look at "migrate".

Thanks again, I will try something on Monday and report back here. Also might need you guys help again.

Really appreciate.

jsiras
    GParted should work on the live desktop. What happened when you tried to run it?

Beans

When I clicked it, it seemed to start like normal. Application window pop up. However, seconds later, GParted window disappeared. There's an exclamination mark on the task bar. I t wrote something about "can't run because ...." I tried it many times and the result repeated.

Umm, I left my netbook at work, otherwise you would capture the screen and post here.

=D>

Beans

Here is a screenshot when I started GParted

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...eenshotbn.png/

and here is the screenshot when the crash occured

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...nshot1mrv.png/

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast