Thread: How to set default seesion to load permanently

Beans

How to set default seesion to load permanently

Hi

In my xubuntu I have all gnome, xfce and xbmc standalon wm to choose from. I have in xubuntu login screen settings choosen to have xbmc stabdalone loaded by default and with automated login, and so it does. Nice since I use the computer merly as a media centre connected to my tv... BUT!

Sometime it is neccessary to login as normal session using xfce to do configurations and updates. Next time the computer boots it will however default automatocally login using an xfce session and not the default choosen one. BAD!

I would like it to always login as xbmc everytime booting and not into the last used session/wm as now.

How to solve??
    Last edited by zainka; November 18th, 2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: adding info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Re: How to set default seesion to load permanently

I have the same issue. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to set a default auto login session that will always load on boot no matter what the last session was?

Beans

Re: How to set default seesion to load permanently

Bumpetibump.. I have not been investigating this issue much but would like to hear if someone know why setting the default session option only works once. If selecting xbmc session to be default, it will be so, but only until you ondce in a while choose an alterative session when logging in.

However, if you look into the "login screen settings", xbmc is still set as default.

How can one solve this?