Thread: Cubase 5 with WIne

Beans

Cubase 5 with WIne

Hi
    I've successfully installed Cubase 5 on Ubuntu with Wine but there is a problem
    It wont start, I think its possible to make it start but I cant find a way to do it
    I'm using Wine 1.3.7 and also tried to do some thing with PlayonLinux all tough I have
    no idea of how to use it.
    Last edited by veestunna; November 14th, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Cubase 5 with WIne

WineHQ is the place to get info on running windows applications with wine. Here's the entry for Cubase 5.1: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=21634

This version of Cubase doesn't run very good in wine. I'd suggest you to run Cubase in Windows. It's what its written for.

But you should definately also look up some native linux alternatives to Cubase, like Ardour, Rosegarden, LMMS

Beans

The big question is will any of those programs read a cubase file because I am going to college for producing music and I need to work on cubase projects at my house and want to use a midi keyboard at my house for my midi classes and teach my nephews how to use the midi keyboard. So I guess I have one more question of would any of those programs be able to communicate with a usb midi keyboard?

Beans

also what's with the cups of coffee and coffee beans and all that?

Beans

I think only Cubase will make use of VSTis such as Novation Bass Station, V-Station, Nord Rack 2, TR-909, TB-303, SH-101, etc...

Cubase 4 works fine for me:

Charles.