Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyring requests password three times on login since upgrading to Maverick

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Keyring requests password three times on login since upgrading to Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by mister_playboy View Post
    My other idea is to delete the files located in your ~/.gnome2/keyrings folder. If you logout and back in, you should have to enter your password to rebuild the keyring... hopefully that will stop the password prompts.
    Thank you very much -- back to a single a single keyring login.
    Thank a veteran -- George 8)
    Internet Coach & Writer
    Personal Blog -- 3 Joes' Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

deleting keyrings worked but then the problem came back

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

This is not a solution, so much as a workaround/note. I had the problems that everyone in this thread has described when upgrading from 10.04 to 10.10 - asking for password logins multiple times, having to close out of the authentication screen when installing some programs, etc. I then wiped my 10.04 and 10.10 completely, and then reinstalled a clean version of 10.10, and the bugs have not come up once. I know it's not a fix per se, but that's what happened.

Beans
    Distro

FYI: I uninstalled gwibber and one of my keyring logins disappeared.
    Internet Coach & Writer

Beans

I have 10.10 clean install
    and have to enter 4 times keyrings password, it's really annoying.

Beans

Still no solution?
    I dont know what to do, dont really want to disable it, too big security risk.
    i really dont want to install ubuntu again because of this

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Does anyone know if there's a bug report for this? I haven't been able to find one. Even with a clean install of 10.10 I am still getting this issue.

Beans

I am having the same issue here. My home partition has been unchanged for several different installations so there are always a couple of glitches here and there, but this one is perplexing. Should a bug report be submitted somewhere?

Beans
    Distro

I finally did a new clean install but my happiness that I no longer had multiple keyring logins was short lived. After enabling empathy my first keyring log in appeared -- no surprise. A day later I enabled Ubuntu One and now have two keyring logins. No doubt enabling gwibber would add a 3rd. The cause seems clear to me -- every function that depends on keyring adds another login. It should be noted that with my last install when I uninstalled gwibber, one of my keyring log ins went away.
    Internet Coach & Writer

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I did
    Code:
    rm ~/.gnome2/keyrings/*
    and it took care of the problem. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast