Thread: Mathematica 7 on Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Mathematica 7 on Lucid

Hey, so here's the situation:

I have a Lucid partition and a Windows XP partition, with Mathematica 7 installed successfully on the XP partition. With most other programs, I can boot into Lucid, mount the XP partition, and run the software through Wine, no questions asked. (I have a symbolic link at ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files to the Program Files folder in my Windows partition.) My Wine is whatever version the repos have. However, I get the following error upon trying to open Mathematica.exe :

"System Not Configured
    Mathematica could not find an important resource. The resource should have been installed with Mathematica.
    If you are attempting to run Mathematica from a file server you must purchase a network license from Wolfram Research"

Also, upon trying to open math.exe, I get:

"Unable To Locate DLL
    The dynamic link library mathdll.dll (or one of its components) could not be found in the Mathematica 7 subdirectory SystemFiles\Kernel\Binaries\Windows, the main Mathematica directory, or anywhere on the search path."

(mathdll.dll is, in fact, in that very folder.)

I know Wine has some kind of dll override feature, but don't know how to use it.

I know others have gotten Mathematica to work through Wine (according to WineHQ).

Anybody know how to help me out?

Thanks in advance!
    System76 Serval | nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT | Realtek ALC 268 | Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5 GHz 800 MHz FSB 6 MB L2 | 4 GB - 2 x 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ | 200 GB 7200 RPM SATA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Mathematica 7 on Lucid

*bump*
    System76 Serval | nVidia 512 MB GeForce 8600M GT | Realtek ALC 268 | Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5 GHz 800 MHz FSB 6 MB L2 | 4 GB - 2 x 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ | 200 GB 7200 RPM SATA