Thread: Laptop Keyboard and Mouse not working

Beans

Post Laptop Keyboard and Mouse not working

I've Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and installed on 18th July 2012. After the installation my ubuntu was working perfecly awsum but that time my laptop's mouse was not working, it was disconnected from inside. Today I got the mouse connected from a service center n now when i run ubuntu, it gets stucked at the login screen none of the things the keyboard and the mouse. While the keyboard n mouse is getting detected in my XP. I've dual boot Ubuntu n XP. its working in XP. I think Ubuntu is not detecting my laptop's mouse and keybaord n even the external keybaord n mouse are also not working. What to do? How to get it detected. I can't do anything after Ubuntu's login screen. plz Help

Beans

Re: Laptop Keyboard and Mouse not working

Reinstallation of Ubuntu solved my problem. Thx for no replies

Beans

laptop keyboard and mouse are frequently used parts, if you are using do not care often will make their life shortened by a lot, so maintenance should be done the following points:

1, keyboard, trackball, pointing stick and touchpad can not usually use too much force to avoid damage to mechanical parts.

2,Can not use sharp objects made ??writing on the touchpad, so as not to scratch it, and other heavy objects is also prohibited on the above.

3, try not next to the laptop to eat, drink, smoking, so as not to dirty the keyboard and mouse.

4, using the keyboard, trackball, pointing stick and touch pad to keep the hands relatively clean hands with the oil spill can not touch them.

5,It may also be thought that the installation of protective gear to maintenance, you can purchase a keyboard cushion, you can dust can be waterproof is wear.

6, available when the keyboard and mouse fouling brush clean the cracks, or high pressure blow up balloons, blow the dust,

7, Clean the keyboard and touchpad surface can be coated with a little water or neutral detergent with a soft cloth, wipe the case of shutdown.

8, the pointing stick on the rubber sleeve can be removed for cleaning, of course, can also be a change in the new.

Beans

read my query first, my keybaord n touchpad.. the only problem was that they were not getting detected