Thread: Firefox and Picasa, protocol not associated

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Firefox and Picasa, protocol not associated

Hi all. I installed Picasa and if I try to download an album it says that the protocol picasa is not associated with any application.

I followed this instructions (https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb...th+any+program) and I added the following settings in about:config:

network.protocol-handler.app.picasa;/opt/picasa/bin/picasa
    network.protocol-handler.external.picasa;true

But nothing changed.
    I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 and firefox from repository. Picasa is downloaded and installed from the .deb from the official website.

Do oyu have any sugegstion to fix it?
    Thanks
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox and Picasa, protocol not associated

Open about:config, then type network.protocol-handler in the filter form, then then create a new true boolean entry for network.protocol-handler.expose.picasa.

Try again. If that doesn't work, then right-click in the network.protocol-handler.app.picasa and select the Reset option.

The explanation why it is not working is in the Caveats section of the network.protocol-handler.external.(protocol) page on kb.mozillazine.org.

Beans
    Distro

unfortunately it doesn't work anyone solved this issue?
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans
    Distro

anyone succeded?
    (Noam Chomsky)

Beans

I am still having this problem, in 2010, ubuntu 10.04. It sometimes works, though, and then suddently I can't download albums anymore.
    Still no solution to this problem?

Does anybody know, what is the link picasa://???? for a given album? It would be much easier to launch
    picasa command_to_download_the_given_album
    from the command line, rather than spending several hours with this **** problem, still without a solution. The HTML source code of the picasa web albums is unfortunately not really human-readable, I could not find the given picasa:// link in it.
    Thanks

Beans