Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: read only file system

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: read only file system

Hi

I would also suggest running fsck on the partition, but _dont_ run it when its mounted.

Kind regards

Beans
    Distro

Re: read only file system

Hi

I would also run fsck on the partition, but _dont_ run if mounted. Use the liveCD

Hmmm. Double post???

Kind regards

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: read only file system

hey mate, sorry i've been very busy haven't been able to get onto the forums recently, I think you can access the menu by holding ctrl-f2 down before the ubuntu logo comes up while booting, should give you the menu to select which kernel you want, select recovery kernel for your appropriate system if you are running more than one kernel, which is unlikely, you should have 4 options, you will want to enter the recovery kernel, then click run X fail safe or something like that, then it takes you into graphics recovery menu, click reconfigure X, restore to defaults, you should have normal open source graphics, you can then reinstall proprietary drivers if you wish from the new distribution, hope this works

regards
    Ant
    There is no on/off switch per-say, just this big blue button right here, this knob controls ahhhh something else...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12