Thread: deleted ntfs harddrive

Beans

deleted ntfs harddrive

an ntfs harddrive has been accidentally deleted. what is the best way i can try to recover my folders and countless files?

Beans

Re: deleted ntfs harddrive

how did you delete it? Remove the drive and connect it via usb to sata or ide connector/adapter to working computer. Copy and paste the files. How did you delete the files? If they aren't completely gone, you can do that.

Data recovery works in a way where it recovers files with deleted address space, I don't recommend this because usually the system can't open the files if it doesn't know what the file is. Hopefully you didn't delete the files and it's just a boot problem. In the future a lot more info would be needed, what version model computer, what OS and what version of OS.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by b666 View Post
    an ntfs harddrive has been accidentally deleted. what is the best way i can try to recover my folders and countless files?
    A bit more description on how u deleted the drive itself would be easy for us to isolate the problem.....are u on a dual-boot? or just ubuntu? or which OS and what version are u using right now? Did u delete the ntfs partition or just the files inside it? was the partition primary or dynamic?

If on a dual-boot machine, then u can find REMO software recover tool that can easily detect for your deleted files and restore them for you....
    check out the following, if that doesn't help, do mention your OS

http://www.partition-recovery.com/
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245725

Goodluck.
    Regards,WinuxUser

Beans
    Hidden!

Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.