Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 - Dell Lattitude D630 - How to disable headphones muting speakers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ubuntu 10.10 - Dell Lattitude D630 - How to disable headphones muting speakers.

I would like to disable the headphone jack shutting off main speakers when I plug headphones in. I know this sounds odd. But when I use mixxx I would like to be able to use the line out for external amp hook up. The headphones for cueing. This worked after I installed mixxx but once I rebooted the computer it no longer worked.
    I am not a PC! I am not a Mac! I am a Human Being! Windows was not my idea!
    Ubuntu = $0.00, Software = $0.00, Updates = $0.00, Freedom = PRICELESS!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 - Dell Lattitude D630 - How to disable headphones muting speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bshosey View Post
    I would like to disable the headphone jack shutting off main speakers when I plug headphones in. I know this sounds odd. But when I use mixxx I would like to be able to use the line out for external amp hook up. The headphones for cueing. This worked after I installed mixxx but once I rebooted the computer it no longer worked.
    Well AFAIK I used to have a checkbox in alsa-mixer gnome-applet to switch the auto-sensing "feature". The volume control in the indicator-applet doesn't seem to provide this checkbox in the "Sound Preferences"... I donl't know mixxx but it should have also such checkbox, otherwise it could hopefully be somewhere in gnome configuration but not sure where... maybe using google might help (you, not me - as I don't need it ).

CePal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 - Dell Lattitude D630 - How to disable headphones muting speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by bshosey View Post
    Probably more trouble than its worth. How about using a splitter on the line out?
    The only easy thing I can think of is disabling jack-sensing. Best done with gnome-alsamixer.
    But not all systems have it.
    Last edited by lidex; January 1st, 2011 at 10:44 PM.