Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Asus U43JC

Beans

Re: Asus U43JC

Quote Originally Posted by gravufo View Post
    Hey,

I formatted my ubuntu partition and reinstalled (to test with a fresh install) and it still doesn't seem to work!

I did exactly what was said in the tutorial and after reboot, I'm at 15000mW or more with wifi off, no USB plugged in nor Wifi.

I don't understand what could be the culprit now >.<

Thanks a lot!
    I'm also having a 15000 mW (with WiFi on, and one USB device) minimal.

That's a known kernel bug in 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2, power consumption of Intel processors is higher than it should be.

It's fixed in kernel 3.3.

Beans

Hey!

Linux kernel just got updated and it works!!

I'm at 10mW with everything on minimum, Wifi off and stuff

It's really awesome!

Thanks so much

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I keep putting off this process. =^/ I should probably buckle down and try again (I'm pretty tired of using Windows =^P).

So far I've been using the 64 bit version of Ubuntu. I just assumed it was the right one to use (considering the hardware); am I correct in this thinking?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheoJava View Post
    I keep putting off this process. =^/ I should probably buckle down and try again (I'm pretty tired of using Windows =^P).

So far I've been using the 64 bit version of Ubuntu. I just assumed it was the right one to use (considering the hardware); am I correct in this thinking?
    Use either 64 or 32, both work, I personally prefer 32 as some programs are still not written for 64.

Beans

Angry Re: Asus U43JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheoJava View Post

Installed fresh Xubuntu 11.10 64-bit, updated to latest stable kernel. Followed commands on my Asus U33Jc (same configuration minus DVD drive), getting a present rate of 20K+ kW. Also, the command to fix the CPU freq limit did not work.

Any ideas?

Beans

Yep, you can't consider that your computer is the same, because that's wrong.

So the calls aren't the sames.

Beans

Angry Re: Asus U43JC

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangeGabriel View Post
    Yep, you can't consider that your computer is the same, because that's wrong.

So the calls aren't the sames.
    Damn! How would I figure those calls out?

Beans

By following this procedure :
    https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project...ebee/wiki/ACPI
    (lastest lines)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

So I reinstalled Ubuntu (in addition to getting fed up with, and ditching Windows all together). I started going through this how-to again, and found that the setting about the power management in bumblebee.conf aren't even in the actual file anymore. I also Googled Bumblebee and found that power management is enabled by default in the latest version...?

Does that make the Nvidia power management section on here unnecessary now? I mean, would I be able to get the same functionality by default after installing bumblebee now, or is there some other process I should go through?

Beans

Indeed, Bumblebee 3.0 has automatic support for Power Management. Even suspend is supported. So, installation of bumblebee is the only thing needed.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast