Thread: Can't download skype?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Red face Can't download skype?

Hi, I'm literally about a week into using Linux, and I'm using Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Now, pardon me, I'm new to this, so I won't be using any kind of correct terminology or anything.

I've been having so many problems, but I'll ignore most of them for now. I want to download Skype, really bad.

However, I downloaded it, and tried installing it through... er, Ubuntu Software Center. Yeah. And it went to almost finished but never completely finished installing. I had it sitting for about five hours, and nothing.

that's pretty much what it looked like for a few hours.

I'm kind of desperate and really frustrated.

(Also, if anyone wants to help me now that I have your attention, it takes for-freaking-ever to switch in between applications. Is there a reason for this, or is it just because I'm on a netbook with not much memory?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Can't download skype?

Quote Originally Posted by maggirl93 View Post
    Hi, I'm literally about a week into using Linux, and I'm using Ubuntu Netbook Remix. Now, pardon me, I'm new to this, so I won't be using any kind of correct terminology or anything.

I've been having so many problems, but I'll ignore most of them for now. I want to download Skype, really bad.

However, I downloaded it, and tried installing it through... er, Ubuntu Software Center. Yeah. And it went to almost finished but never completely finished installing. I had it sitting for about five hours, and nothing.

that's pretty much what it looked like for a few hours.

I'm kind of desperate and really frustrated.

(Also, if anyone wants to help me now that I have your attention, it takes for-freaking-ever to switch in between applications. Is there a reason for this, or is it just because I'm on a netbook with not much memory?)

Try and install by downloading it from the site.

Or if you want you can try and install it from terminal do this by:

sudo apt-get install skype that should install it.