Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD HD 6850 drivers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: AMD HD 6850 drivers

Are the 5000 series supported with 3D enabled yet ?
    It's okay, I'm a limo driver

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by MooPi View Post
    Are the 5000 series supported with 3D enabled yet ?
    ive used an ati 5750 and 5850 and they work just fine with 3D desktop effects. i cant remember for sure, but i might have played a few games through wine with the 5750.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawei87 View Post
    ive used an ati 5750 and 5850 and they work just fine with 3D desktop effects. i cant remember for sure, but i might have played a few games through wine with the 5750.
    Mobility HD 5750 locked up during composition of desktop when using binary drivers from ATI itself. *shrug* Whatever works though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Lucradia View Post
    Mobility HD 5750 locked up during composition of desktop when using binary drivers from ATI itself. *shrug* Whatever works though.
    hmmm. thats a shame. the cards i was using were on a desktop, i guess the drivers are different from the mobility version to the desktop. but hopefully that means they will be running better soon. im still using the 5850 right now, and just to test it out i installed nexuiz last night. i know its not a very demanding game, but it played perfectly fine with no tearing at all.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawei87 View Post
    hmmm. thats a shame. the cards i was using were on a desktop, i guess the drivers are different from the mobility version to the desktop. but hopefully that means they will be running better soon. im still using the 5850 right now, and just to test it out i installed nexuiz last night. i know its not a very demanding game, but it played perfectly fine with no tearing at all.
    No, the supported hardware list in the drivers (That PDF List they publish with each version of the linux binaries on their site) specifically stated that my mobility Radeon HD would, in fact, work with their binary drivers. It's ok though, I have an NVIDIA GTX 470 desktop now, and it works like a champ with the open source / jockey drivers.

Beans

You can activate fglrx with 6800 series (over xorg.conf) but you will get a watermark on the screen ("unsupported hardware") which you can disable.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...t=26542&page=6

Waffen-SS

Don't tolerate nazis and nazi symbolism in respect to all killed people by them. Or you can be ignorant...
    Last edited by birtuma; July 23rd, 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by birtuma View Post
    You can activate fglrx with 6800 series (over xorg.conf) but you will get a watermark on the screen ("unsupported hardware") which you can disable.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...t=26542&page=6
    That watermark is an OSD thing though, it won't appear on screenshots nor screencasts. I should know, I had it once on another machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

ATM I am using one 4850 and one 6850 with fglrx.
    I do successfully have two screens attached to each card.
    But I can not set the fan speed on my 6850, as it is not even recognized by
    Code:
    aticonfig --list-adapters
    I think that is the reason why I sometimes get video disortions - it's too hot.
    in short the only way for me to even see it's alive is through amdcccle

edit: Discovered today that the command which I use to raise my GPU fanspeed only seems to work on my 6850, but not on the other 4850 which it is supposed to do. So the temperature issue is due to my old 4850.

Code:
    aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 80"
    I know the possibility to choose different gpus with the command, but I have tried with numbers up to at least 20, and it does not seem to work.

someone knows anything more about this?
    Last edited by olof_; November 16th, 2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: adding information

Beans

Well, I just got my amd hd 6850 and after installing it found out it doesn't work in linux because there are no drivers. Can I get a refund? Why does Amd sell product that isn't complete?

Beans

Because there exists beta drivers... somewhere, and their next catalyst supports it.
    More or less AMD/ATi status for quite some time: "Soon, quite soon"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast