Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creating a Evolution 2.32 PPA for Lucid/Maverick

Beans

Question Creating a Evolution 2.32 PPA for Lucid/Maverick

I'm thinking about organizing/creating a Evolution 2.32 PPA for use in Lucid LTS and Maverick.

Any volunteers that would like to help? I have built hundreds of packages from source during the years, including Evolution, but never created a PPA.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Creating a Evolution 2.32 PPA for Lucid/Maverick

I have no experience with any of this, but I just wanted to say that I'd approve this project 500%! This would definitely help me. Everything in Ubuntu is pretty up-to-date...Evolution is the only senior citizen of them all.

Beans
    Hidden!

Mathieu Trudel has builds in his test ppa: https://launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/+archive/build-tests. Maybe you can contact him to see if he can use some help. On the other hand, he does not have updated builds for all the evolution packages in his repo (e.g. evolution-rss is missing). So another option would be to create a ppa which depends on Mathieu's and only provides the packages which he skips...

Beans

Haven't had much time for this since my post.

I noticed however that 2.32 is released for Natty.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/maverick-...ts/+bug/653619

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/evolution

Maybe this can help..

Beans

Hey guys. I was looking around and I wanted you to know that I found a ppa that has the newest stable evolution builds for maverick!

https://launchpad.net/~suraia/+archive/ppa

ppa:suraia/ppa

Beans

Looks promising. I wonder how I can add this PPA without getting all the packages, just Evolution?

Has anyone tested this version? Upgrading possible from 2.30 without any problem?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasNovin View Post
    Looks promising. I wonder how I can add this PPA without getting all the packages, just Evolution?

Has anyone tested this version? Upgrading possible from 2.30 without any problem?
    Wtf... I installed it after doing a backup. Didn't do a dist-upgrade after adding the PPA, instead selected just the packages I wanted to upgrade from Synaptic.

Started evolution from command-line and noticed that the upgrade process (+ moving from ~/.evoltution to ~/.local/share/evolution) seems to have went fine.

Beans

evolution-mapi doesn't work

Code:
    $ sudo aptitude install evolution-mapi
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      evolution-mapi{b} libdcerpc0{a} libexchangemapi-1.0-0{a} libgensec0{a} libldb0{a} libmapi0{a} libndr-standard0{a} libndr0{a} 
      libregistry0{a} libsamba-hostconfig0{a} libsamba-util0{a} 
    0 packages upgraded, 11 newly installed, 0 to remove and 32 not upgraded.
    Need to get 4.116kB of archives. After unpacking 16,5MB will be used.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      evolution-mapi: Depends: libexchangemapi-1.0-0 (< 0.31) but 0.32.0-0ubuntu1~maverick1 is to be installed.
    The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages at their current version:
    1)     evolution-mapi [Not Installed]                     

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasNovin View Post
    I wonder how I can add this PPA without getting all the packages, just Evolution?
    I just copied evolution packages from Michael Kuhn's PPA to an standalone evolution PPA.

https://launchpad.net/~julenlanda/+archive/evolution
    ppa:julenlanda/evolution

Beans

I, too, am getting the issue while trying to install exchange-mapi:

Code:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     evolution-mapi : Depends: libexchangemapi-1.0-0 (< 0.31) but 0.32.0-0ubuntu1~maverick1 is to be installed
    E: Broken packages
    ---
    UPDATE:
    I'm able to install exchange-mapi if I force the version on libexchangemapi down to 0.30 (in synaptic package manager). Of course, then the plugin fails to load:

Code:
    (evolution:13028): evolution-plugin-lib-WARNING **: can't load plugin '/usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-operations': libexchange-storage.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(evolution:13028): evolution-plugin-lib-WARNING **: can't load plugin '/usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-operations': libexchange-storage.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(evolution:13028): evolution-plugin-lib-WARNING **: can't load plugin '/usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-mapi.so': /usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-mapi.so: undefined symbol: exchange_mapi_connection_get_default_folder_id

(evolution:13028): evolution-plugin-lib-WARNING **: can't load plugin '/usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-mapi.so': /usr/lib/evolution/2.32/plugins/liborg-gnome-exchange-mapi.so: undefined symbol: exchange_mapi_connection_get_default_folder_id
    Last edited by raztus; January 26th, 2011 at 10:44 PM. Reason: New info

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast