Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosewill RNX-N150PC PCI Ralink 3060 chip driver instructions

Beans

Re: Rosewill RNX-N150PC PCI Ralink 3060 chip driver instructions

valem - just to let you know in later kernels there is no need to add the driver after an update.

I am also running Arch linux (amd64) with the latest kernel (from testing) 2.6.38 - the in kernel drivers work well (better IMO) so no need to compile anything.

Hopefully in Natty it will just work out the box.

Cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

There was another step mentioned afterwards where you need to blacklist the built-in RT2800 driver so that the kernel will load the driver you just built. Add "blacklist rt2800pci" without the quotes to the end of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and then reboot.

Beans

Hello,

You helped me over here at one point: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1713808
    This still works in Natty, just upgraded today.

I only did this part:

I then followed the instuctions in the README file.
    Navigate to downloaded_driver_folder/os/linux and open config.mk in a text editor.
    Find set
    Code:
    HAS_WPA_SUPPLICANT=y
    and also set
    Code:
    HAS_NATIVE_WPA_SUPPLICANT_SUPPORT=y
    Open a terminal in the driver folder and type
    Code:
    sudo make
    then
    Code:
    sudo make install
    Now you'll need to load the driver

Code:
    sudo modprobe rt3562sta
    and before with Maverick, you had me do this:
    Your going to need to blacklist some modules that are interfering . Open /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf with your choice of text editor. For example sake I'll select gedit

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    At the end of the file add these lines

# blacklist for rt3562sta blacklist rt2800pci blacklist rt2800lib blacklist rt2800usb blacklist rt2x00pci blacklist rt2x00lib blacklist rt2x00usb
    And apparently that blacklisting was not modified during the upgrade.

Thanks tor the great tutorial!

Catlover
    Last edited by catlover2; April 30th, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you rebuild for a newer kernel, which Natty has, you need to do:

Code:
    sudo make clean

sudo make

then
    Code:

sudo make install

Now you'll need to load the driver

Code:

sudo modprobe rt3562sta
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thanks, chili! I updated to 11.04 yesterday and have been trying to get my wireless back up and running. I followed these instructions and it works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chili555
    Code:
    sudo su
    make clean
    make
    make install
    modprobe rt3562sta
    exit
    The hardest part was realizing "Navigate to the RT3060 folder" meant finding the download folder in Terminal.
    Last edited by EriktheAwful; May 5th, 2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Beans
    Distro

Good work! Happy it's working now.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Rosewill RNX-N150PC PCI Ralink 3060 chip driver instructions

This is a great thread! I used it to get my Ralink 3060 in my new PC working. I had also had to do a similar thing to get my wired ethernet NIC to work. I wonder why Ubuntu consistently picks up the wrong drivers for certain hardware items?

One more question, please. Now that I have both wired and wireless working, should I turn off one or the other? If both are connected, which connection will Ubuntu actually use?

Thanks so much for this thread.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    This is a great thread! I used it to get my Ralink 3060 in my new PC working. I had also had to do a similar thing to get my wired ethernet NIC to work. I wonder why Ubuntu consistently picks up the wrong drivers for certain hardware items?

One more question, please. Now that I have both wired and wireless working, should I turn off one or the other? If both are connected, which connection will Ubuntu actually use?

Thanks so much for this thread.

Tim
    Please see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManager
    The computer should use the wired network connection when it's plugged in, but automatically switch to a wireless connection when the user unplugs it and walks away from the desk. Likewise, when the user plugs the computer back in, the computer should switch back to the wired connection. The user should, most times, not even notice that their connection has been managed for them;
    If you have easy access to wired ethernet, I'd use it exclusively. It's faster and far more secure.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Rosewill RNX-N150PC PCI Ralink 3060 chip driver instructions

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Please see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NetworkManagerIf you have easy access to wired ethernet, I'd use it exclusively. It's faster and far more secure.
    That was my hunch, as well. I have unchecked "Enable Wireless" in the network indicator and everything is working as expected.

Thank you,
    Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans

Hi all,

i'm a complete linux noob, and i'm trying to get my PCI wireless card working (Azio AWD102N). After following the instructions in the thread at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1745435, i ran into the same problems with the original driver, and after following the thread, i am now trying to install the RT3562 driver from http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php?s=2. i follow essentially the same steps in the tutorial at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1476007, except the initial cd command i use is cd DPO* to get me into the right directory. anyway, when the time comes to execute sudo make and sudo make install, i am getting an error and cannot get any further in the steps. here's what it gives me

Code:
    make -C tools
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/brock/DPO_RT3562_3592_3062_LinuxSTA_V2.4.1.1_20101217 2/tools'
    gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brock/DPO_RT3562_3592_3062_LinuxSTA_V2.4.1.1_20101217 2/tools'
    /home/brock/DPO_RT3562_3592_3062_LinuxSTA_V2.4.1.1_20101217 2/tools/bin2h
    make: /home/brock/DPO_RT3562_3592_3062_LinuxSTA_V2.4.1.1_20101217: Command not found
    make: *** [build_tools] Error 127
    any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks a bunch!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast