Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to set Gnome automount permissions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: How to set Gnome automount permissions?

Oh,
    I would like to run DF from my Linux partition, however, I couldn't find a driver for Windows 7 that would allow me to open ext4 partitions in Windows. The only one that works is called ext4explorer, and it only allows copying files and directories from the partition, not viewing it transparently. Therefore I would not be able to play DF in Windows from the Linux partition.
    Vermind

Beans

Ah. I suppose if you're often switching from Linux to Windows it'd be best to keep it on an NTFS partition anyway, I wouldn't trust Windows to access my Linux partitions in the first place. fsck could probably detect and fix any problems that might arise, but I'd rather not risk it.

Anyway, it's nice to see a fellow Dwarfer on the forums. :D
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO much to mc4man and Vermind for showing how to solve this problem.

Beans

I mean yes it is quite simple to compile it yourself but it can't be that I am requried to re-compile udisks to get such a simple change.
    Especially, this could be problematic regarding possible future updates of udisks...

Isn't there a way to do this over some configuration files (e.g. polkit-1 or ".rules" or whatever).

But still thanks for the tutorial to compile it myself.
    Last edited by ghost_zero; December 2nd, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I like that there is a solution to this (I am having a similar problem), but hard coding something like this is totally absurd. Did nobody think that maybe this would need to be changed for some people?
    http://www.anessen.com
    "If you focus your mind on the freedom and community that you can build by staying firm, you will find the strength to do it."
    -Richard M Stallman

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Anessen View Post
    I like that there is a solution to this (I am having a similar problem), but hard coding something like this is totally absurd. Did nobody think that maybe this would need to be changed for some people?
    My sentiments exactly.
    Vermind

Beans

Hi everyone and excuse me in advance for my bad English.
    I need to resurrect this old thread because I have this problem:

I need to automount through udisks a hfsplus formatted partition using non standard options and non standard driver.

The file system driver is named ufsd and I need to mount the partition in this way:

Code:
    udisks --mount /dev/sdXn --mount-fstype ufsd --mount-options uid=1000,gid=1000;nodev,nosuid,rw
    The answer is that uid and gid options are not allowed.

I watched the /src/device.c file as you described in this thread, but it doesn't mention any rule for hfsplus mounting.

Do you know how should I modify this file? ...or any other file?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by bingel; March 6th, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Beans

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...ms/hfsplus.txt

Those are the hfsplus options, and it should support uid/gid/umask options. As for ufsd, I'm not sure. There's ufs options here: http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Docum...ystems/ufs.txt I don't know if it's related or not, but it doesn't seem to offer any options either.

You may be out of luck.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans

Thanks, however UFS and UFSD are not the same thing.

UFSD is a proprietary driver that is able to read and write HFS+ formatted partitions that have journaling enabled.

As for HFS+, instead, my problem is figuring out how to make udisks able to mount this file-system using options that are disabled by default (and therefore not allowed) and that must be enabled (I assume) by changing and rebuilding udisks source code (in a similar way as described in this thread for NTFS file system).

Moreover I have to clarify that I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and my kernel version is 2.6.32-28-generic

Beans
    Distro

In the Ubuntu 10.10 sources for udisks, I have this from line 5900 on:
    Code:
    static const char *any_allow[] = { "exec", "noexec", "nodev", "nosuid", "atime", "noatime", "nodiratime", "ro", "rw", "sync", "dirsync", NULL };

static const FSMountOptions fs_mount_options[] =
      {
        { "vfat", vfat_defaults, vfat_allow, vfat_allow_uid_self, vfat_allow_gid_self },
        { "ntfs", ntfs_defaults, ntfs_allow, ntfs_allow_uid_self, ntfs_allow_gid_self },
        { "iso9660", iso9660_defaults, iso9660_allow, iso9660_allow_uid_self, iso9660_allow_gid_self },
        { "udf", udf_defaults, udf_allow, udf_allow_uid_self, udf_allow_gid_self },
      };
    Perhaps changing any_allow to include the options you need or adding something like { "ufs", option, option, option ... }, below would help?
    Vermind

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast