Thread: Quite unfair thread closure

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quite unfair thread closure

It wasn't my thread, but I consider this closure quite unreasonable: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1605786
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ
    I would suggest you consult a professional Careers advisor or maybe one of your professors. As you can see you are unlikely to receive sensible or useable advice here due to Degree Snobbery or knowledge. As such I am going to close this thread.
    the assumption that the thread will be low on usable advice isn't a reason for closure; the cafe is meant for non tech support topics.
    I had to do it.

Beans

Re: Quite unfair thread closure

An example of replies " You can be a barista in a coffee shop, or run a cash register in a super market"

The closure advice was "suggest you consult a professional Careers advisor or maybe one of your professors."

This is a Moderated Forum and Staff as advised per the Code of Conduct reserve the right to edit close or remove threads and or posts as they see fit.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Quite unfair thread closure

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin2128 View Post
    It wasn't my thread, but I consider this closure quite unreasonable: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1605786
    the assumption that the thread will be low on usable advice isn't a reason for closure; the cafe is meant for non tech support topics.
    I agree with closure of the thread. Career choice is, IMO, a major life decision and seeking professional advice, rather then a thread on these forums, is most appropriate.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface