Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP Deskjet D2660 on Lucid

Re: HP Deskjet D2660 on Lucid

Hi Jechem, strange... have you confirmed that it's not the printer itself? Na try mo na install sa ibang OS? From the site itself, kasama Linux sa compatible OS.

I think you should raise or escalate the issue, hindi lang sa launchpad team but especially sa HP customer service. It's not right to say something then not back it up... :-/
    WariPinas developer, flâneur, and day-dreamer

Ideas are bulletproof, but they need to be freed and live first before it can be a force of change. Join us and let's get involved with the biggest ideas of our time!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HP Deskjet D2660 on Lucid

Quote Originally Posted by Jechem View Post
    I've contacted the HP Customer Care and informed them of my problem and they replied "I would like to bring it to your kind attention that, HP does not provide drivers for Ubuntu Operating System. There are no HP drivers for Ubuntu 10.04 Operating System. So, I would request you to contact Ubuntu Support regarding this." I told them I got the driver from HPLIP their official website! but this is their reply "I would like to inform that, though the driver is an HP-developed solution, HP does not provide formal consumer or commercial support for this software."
    angheloko,
    I've contacted HP regarding this and their reply as quoted. This has been tried under Windows7 and it works fine.I've tried HPLIP-launchpad team because that is where they develop the drivers but to no avail. It's just one incident not worth looking into.
    MSI CR410X CPU:AMD V120 Video:ATI HD4270 RAM:4GB HDD:250GB
    Ubuntu 10.04 64bit/Windows7 Ultimate 32bit
    fixing plymouth splash screen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12