Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (12.04 - Precise Pangolin)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by mauleshjani View Post
    dear do this,

give this command 1st

Code:
    sudo lspci -v
    then... give all these commands... u ll succeed...

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    ================================================== =============================
    bye thx
    Thanks mauleshjani for the reminder...I tried Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on a USB stick. Installed the recommended wireless driver update,using a hardwire & found no connection to my router. I checked my subscribed threads & located your B43xx fix, the same fix that I had to run to get my Dell D620, w/Broadcom B4311 wireless to connect using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS over a year ago. We need to alert the current 12.04 LTS installers that the 12.04 LTS furnished wireless Broadcom STA driver install still does not solve the Broadcom B43xx problems. "G"
    Last edited by bayouoldguy; May 2nd, 2012 at 04:06 AM. Reason: denote "STA" driver
    Dell Optiplex 960 dual boot Windows 7; Windows 10 .Dell D620 Ubuntu 18.04 LTS , slow. Dell Latitude E6430 windows 10 , to install Ubuntu dual boot. Microsoft control over Windows functions disrupting installs "free-ware" enjoyable options.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mauleshjani View Post
    dear do this,

give this command 1st

Code:
    sudo lspci -v
    then... give all these commands... u ll succeed...

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    Code:
    Code:
    sudo reboot
    ================================================== =============================
    bye thx
    Hey all, I'm also trying to get a Broadcom BCM4311 wireless card working. I've just tried this and it has worked for me unfortunately. I'm on a Dell Latitude D630 if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly appreciated.

edit: looking at my wireless card through terminal it says "BCM4311 802.11a/b/g [14e4:4312] (rev 01)" hopefully that helps.

edit 2: Just got the wireless working. I ended not using bcmwl-kernel-source and instead used firmware-b43-installer along with b43-fwcutter. Btw, this is all on a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04 LTS.
    Last edited by soulg77; May 3rd, 2012 at 06:58 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Yep, does work as you indicated....the command "sudo apt-get remove bcmwl-kernel-source" keeps wl out of the activity....I set up my Canon MP500 printer in the
    USB stick run tonight, to make sure the 12.04LTS version is working before I install. "G"
    Probably will wait for the 12.04.1 cleanup before final install.
    (Dell D620 laptop & Compaq Presario as noted; Dell w/Windows Vista Business Dual Boot & the Compaq w/stats as shown below....old box still have other stuff on in Windows ME !)
    Last edited by bayouoldguy; May 4th, 2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Have 2 computers to upgrade!
    Dell Optiplex 960 dual boot Windows 7; Windows 10 .Dell D620 Ubuntu 18.04 LTS , slow. Dell Latitude E6430 windows 10 , to install Ubuntu dual boot. Microsoft control over Windows functions disrupting installs "free-ware" enjoyable options.

Beans

Question Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.10 - Oneiric Ocelot)

I have tried all the solutions in this thread on my HP Laptop running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. They never worked on me. My card is the 4318 Wireless card. I install the drivers now it shows their is no wireless card at all.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.10 - Oneiric Ocelot)

linuxmatt7; have you looked at this site, be aware that two (2) drivers cannot exist at the same time. http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/user...ported_devices ........."G'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

BCM4311 card not showing up after attempting multiple install guides over days..HELP!

Hello,

I've just put a fresh install of 12.04 32bit on my friends acer 4620Z and cannot for the life of me get the wireless card to show up.

I've tried multiple walk throughs and guides from many sites, but none of them outline the process to install the drivers for 12.04. I just attempted soulG77's solution for 12.04, and that didnt work for me either.

Also, I am unable to use NDISwrapper, I'm able to download it in the software center, but when I attempt to install the .inf file, I get an error saying the NDISwrapper module is not found?

I did an entire reinstall and attempted just to install synaptic and ndiswrapper to use windows drivers, but I got the same error again. I'd appreciate any assitance any of you could provide. My friend needs her laptop as she is leaving for China in a week and wants to use it as a video phone to call back home. It would be awesome if any of you could help me figure this out!

Here is my sudo lspci -v

04:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN (rev 01)
    Subsystem: AMBIT Microsystem Corp. Device 0422
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
    Capabilities: [58] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Capabilities: [d0] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel
    Kernel modules: ssb

*******************SOLVED********************

After mucking around a bit more I figured out the fix for this on a fresh install of 12.04 is pretty simple.

If the additional drivers auto loaded the STA wireless driver, you can remove them in terminal with

sudo apt-get purge bcmwl-kernel-source broadcom-sta-common broadcom-sta-source

then run:

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer b43-fwcutter

You should see your wireless access points when you reboot.
    Last edited by Do0d; May 7th, 2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: SOLVED

Beans

Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.10 - Oneiric Ocelot)

I did a fresh install of 12.04 Precise on my Lenovo S10-3 Ideapad netbook, even without using the Additional Drivers, it correctly detected my Broadcom BCM 4313 wireless NIC. The weird thing is, after installing Broadcom STA wireless driver, my wireless interface was changed to eth1 instead of the original wlan0. I can change the wireless NIC settings using nm-applet when it is eth0. But if I unstalled the STA driver, the wireless NIC will revert back to wlan0, although it could connect to various APs, I could not change its settings whatsoever. Any idea?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (12.04 - Precise Pangolin)

I have a Broadcom B4318 wireless card, and while I can get Ubuntu to boot from live media by blacklisting the wireless card, I'm wondering if it's possible to install the proper drivers (manually, I don't feel like dragging my desktop into my living room to get to an Ethernet connection) after blacklisting the card in GRUB, and whether or not (if the drivers can indeed install while the card required is blacklisted) simply deblacklisting my card after install would let it work. This issue is literally the one major roadblock keeping me from wiping Windows 7 from my computer.

Beans

This helped to me after upgrade from Kubuntu 11.10 to 12.04:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then reboot. LED on the keyboard is still orange, but the controller works fine.

HP ProBook 4525s, Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)

Thanks a lot!

Beans

Hello -

I have followed these instructions and many others for dealing with Broadcom 43xx issues, but I am still having trouble. Since going from 11.10 to 12.04 I have been unable to get wireless working. At the point I am right now the wireless card shows up in my network connections and detects networks but will not connect - it hangs on "configuring interface" for quite a while and then gives up. Further information:

from lspci (currently using the STA driver, have tried both others listed as well):

03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Dell Inspiron M5010 / XPS 8300
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
    Memory at e6d00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information: Len=78 <?>
    Capabilities: [48] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [13c] Virtual Channel
    Capabilities: [160] Device Serial Number 00-00-0d-ff-ff-4a-9c-b7
    Capabilities: [16c] Power Budgeting <?>
    Kernel driver in use: wl
    Kernel modules: wl, bcma, brcmsmac

On connection attempt (channel -1 seems like a problem to me):
    p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
    Type:
    Wireless 802.11
    Connection State:
    Configuring interface
    IP Address:
    No IP address.
    Connection Speed:
    Unknown
    System Name:
    eth1
    MAC Address:
    9C:B7:0D:4A:2B:FF
    Driver:
    wl
    Access Point (SSID):
    Network O Death 2.4G
    Access Point (MAC):
    00:00:00:00:00:00
    Band:
    b/g
    Channel:
    -1 (0 MHz)

Any help would be appreciated! Happy to post more information as needed. Also, fairly new to these forums... if I'm failing etiquette please let me know.

Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast