Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 624

Thread: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (12.04 - Precise Pangolin)

  1. #461
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Beans
    2,163
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredt View Post
    I hate to ask the whole question again , but I have tried several time and followed all the steps , but still I am not able to use wireless on my 11.04 , The card is bcm 4312 and I have installed latest bcm kernel source .it seems to work for most of the people but I cant still find it working .
    I can see the driver is active in additona hardware drivers .
    It has been months I tried diffrent things with no help , I had some scripts in earlier version which did the job
    but those seem not to be working in 11.04 .

    Please help me out
    Hi the following will sort your wireless.


    I also had this problem of wireless not working with the Broadcom STA Wireless driver after up-grading to 'Natty Narwhal' on my Acer laptop with a Broadcom 4311 wifi module. A big thank you to all who posted before me even though the suggestions put forward did not work. However I found a work around this problem and I hope others may find it useful.
    The solution in my case worked using a network cable and 'Synaptic Package Manager'. This is what I did:-
    1) In Additional drivers I de-activated the STA driver
    2) In 'Synaptic' I then removed them completely.
    3) Went back into Synaptic and found 'b43-fwcutter' and 'firmware-b43-installer'. I installed both packages because I was not sure which one was needed.
    4) After a reboot wireless signed in to the router and the cable removed

    Change the firmware-b43-installer to firmware-b43-lpphy-installer.

  2. #462
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    11

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Thanks westie ,
    I tried the steps , found out a new issue that wireless is disabled by hardware switch
    Then I tried to remove all the hardware and software blocks .

    lsmod | grep dell If dell-laptop is loaded, remove it: Code:
    sudo rmmod -f dell-laptop sudo rfkill unblock all
    But still the network manager shows wireless is disabled by hardware switch
    and no sign of wireless being detected

  3. #463
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fareham, UK
    Beans
    2,163
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Quote Originally Posted by wilfredt View Post
    Thanks westie ,
    I tried the steps , found out a new issue that wireless is disabled by hardware switch
    Then I tried to remove all the hardware and software blocks .

    lsmod | grep dell If dell-laptop is loaded, remove it: Code:
    sudo rmmod -f dell-laptop sudo rfkill unblock all
    But still the network manager shows wireless is disabled by hardware switch
    and no sign of wireless being detected
    Try turning it on via the hardware switch or a combination of keys (the Fn key+F2)usually works for Dell laptops. Or there might be a setting in the BIOS.

  4. #464
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    9

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Hi,
    I went through a great deal to try to get this puppy to work in Kubuntu 11.04. The final solution - for my rig (HP DV6233se) was to uninstall the bcmwl-kernel-source. I did confirm that the bcm43xx was blacklisted and removed the blacklist - didn't work. No fix on the broadcom sta driver ever worked. But after installing firmware-b43-installer (which automatically brought in cutter) I could get it to work, but I had to log into a terminal every time @ boot up and type in sudo modprobe b43. It was only after removing the above source file and rebooting that my rig came up with a working wireless for Kubuntu 11.04. Hope this is useful for someone else.

    Peace

  5. #465
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtns.
    Beans
    540
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    For those with Broadcom wireless troubles, I have posted a Broadcom troubleshooting chart and some VERY helpful links at posts #9 & 10 on this thread:

    THE beginners solution for fixing up Broadcom BCM43xx and Wireless Cards
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post11203404

  6. #466
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NM
    Beans
    1,121
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tshann View Post
    Hi,
    I went through a great deal to try to get this puppy to work in Kubuntu 11.04. The final solution - for my rig (HP DV6233se) was to uninstall the bcmwl-kernel-source. I did confirm that the bcm43xx was blacklisted and removed the blacklist - didn't work. No fix on the broadcom sta driver ever worked. But after installing firmware-b43-installer (which automatically brought in cutter) I could get it to work, but I had to log into a terminal every time @ boot up and type in sudo modprobe b43. It was only after removing the above source file and rebooting that my rig came up with a working wireless for Kubuntu 11.04. Hope this is useful for someone else.

    Peace
    Perhaps I am missing something here.. and believe me I often do..
    Do you still have to do the modprobe b43 each time or not? If you do then b43 is in the blacklist files.. not just the blacklist.conf file but one that is created by the installation of the STA (wl) driver..

    Code:
    grep b43 /etc/modprobe.d/*
    That code will tell us if you have the b43 blacklisted and the file name also.
    Boot Info Script
    Ubuntu User number is # 32763
    Linux User number is # 527179

  7. #467
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central NJ, USA
    Beans
    683
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Quote Originally Posted by westie457 View Post
    Hi the following will sort your wireless.


    I also had this problem of wireless not working with the Broadcom STA Wireless driver after up-grading to 'Natty Narwhal' on my Acer laptop with a Broadcom 4311 wifi module. A big thank you to all who posted before me even though the suggestions put forward did not work. However I found a work around this problem and I hope others may find it useful.
    The solution in my case worked using a network cable and 'Synaptic Package Manager'. This is what I did:-
    1) In Additional drivers I de-activated the STA driver
    2) In 'Synaptic' I then removed them completely.
    3) Went back into Synaptic and found 'b43-fwcutter' and 'firmware-b43-installer'. I installed both packages because I was not sure which one was needed.
    4) After a reboot wireless signed in to the router and the cable removed

    Change the firmware-b43-installer to firmware-b43-lpphy-installer.


    The above steps worked for the Broadcom 4311 in my Dell Latitude D620 though I didn't do step #5 about the firmware installer.

    I don't normally use wifi, but it bugged me that I couldn't see any of the wireless networks around me.

    Thank you.
    .
    Dell Precision M6300 laptop - Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    IBM Thinkpad 600E laptop - Puppy Linux 4.3.1

  8. #468
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Beans
    217
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    Quote Originally Posted by westie457 View Post
    The solution in my case worked using a network cable and 'Synaptic Package Manager'. This is what I did:-
    1) In Additional drivers I de-activated the STA driver
    2) In 'Synaptic' I then removed them completely.
    3) Went back into Synaptic and found 'b43-fwcutter' and 'firmware-b43-installer'. I installed both packages because I was not sure which one was needed.
    4) After a reboot wireless signed in to the router and the cable removed
    This just worked for me on an HP Pavilion dv6000 with BCM4311 wifi.
    Many thanks. I just Ubuntu'd by son's laptop and when the wi-fi stopped working I was starting to panic!
    Cheers,
    Nick

  9. #469
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    12

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.10, Oneiric Ocelot)

    The complete removal of bcmwl-kernel-source can not be stressed enough. I fought with this for two days on a Dell 1525 with a BCM4311. Installing firmware, reboot, uninstall firmware and install b43-installer and then reboot. It was not until I completely removed that package and THEN installed firmware-b43-installer that it worked. This is on Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Beta 2.

  10. #470
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    48
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Solution to Broadcom 43xx Card Problem (11.04, Natty Narwhal)

    I have DELL vostro 3500 with broadcom 4313 card. And wifi works, but after a recent update from broadcom (that fixed not working LED) I can't see signal levels in percentage with screenlets. It always says that it's not connected.

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •