Thread: PS3 - Playstation 3 file transfers.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Lightbulb PS3 - Playstation 3 file transfers.

Hello!

Ladies and germ's thank you for taking the time to dive into this.

I have recently put some serious time into modding my PS3 slim. My question now is what is the fastest way for me to transfer files between my net-book and my PS3. I know of MediaTomb and PS3server. I don't like those methods because of the poor performance both streaming and downloading. I would like this to be as fast possible. Is there a way to put a direct line per say from the PS3 to my net-book or Desktop?

I use my PS3 as my main entertainment hub. I store all of my music, movie's, show's, etc. on there. I am sure my network is configured correctly. Is there a better way then swapping out external disc's?

"I have a dream..."

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: PS3 - Playstation 3 file transfers.

Now I am running Playstation media server from Ubuntu 10.10.

Follow the link: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ps3MediaServer (flawless)

Run a Ethernet to your Ps3 for your 100mbs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: PS3 - Playstation 3 file transfers.

Sweet thanks for the link. I can't play any video or view pictures yet, just audio tracks. Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by solotwit View Post
    Sweet thanks for the link. I can't play any video or view pictures yet, just audio tracks. Any ideas?
    Actually I recently ran into some problem's. Mediatomb and PS3MS say all my files are corrupt.

*BUMP*
    "Listen to everyone, read everything; believe absolutely nothing unless you can prove it in your own right!"

Beans

You can restart game and setagain. I usually play it everyday.

Beans
    Distro

You might be looking through your <Music> section on your PS3.

Lately it says all my file's are corrupt... and they aren't. (That's a bump)
    "Listen to everyone, read everything; believe absolutely nothing unless you can prove it in your own right!"

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: PS3 - Playstation 3 file transfers.

I removed PS3MS and went back to meditomb. Mediatomb is now working perfectly for me. I don't know what information I can provide but ask and I will help.