Thread: Home opens in Totem instead of File Browser?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Home opens in Totem instead of File Browser?

I have one install that I have managed to get anything that I cannot right click and choose what I would like to open it in to open in Movie Player (totem) and for the life of me cannot remember where setting is. Did this before but cannot seem to remember how I fixed it.
    Anything under Places drop down menu you cannot right click on and select to open so opens in movie player.
    Last edited by garvinrick4; October 18th, 2010 at 07:44 AM.
    Remember hence where you come and pass it down.
    Ubuntu Forums member #899097 and Ubuntu Member:

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Home opens in Totem instead of File Browser?

Quote Originally Posted by garvinrick4 View Post
    I have one install that I have managed to get anything that I cannot right click and choose what I would like to open it in to open in Movie Player (totem) and for the life of me cannot remember where setting is. Did this before but cannot seem to remember how I fixed it.
    Anything under Places drop down menu you cannot right click on and select to open so opens in movie player.
    Check the files /usr/share/applications/defaults.list and /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache and use the search funtion with the term "inode". Both the entries should read like,
    inode/directory=nautilus-folder-handler.desktop
    , I suspect one of them, most likely defaults.list has totem.desktop in it.

You may also need to check the filenames in ~/.local/share/applications if /usr/share/applications is OK.

edit: it is not defaults.list in ~/.local/share/applications but mimeapps.list and the other is still mimeinfo.cache
    Last edited by yetiman64; October 18th, 2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: fixed typo & correction of info