Thread: HP Mini 110

Beans

HP Mini 110

Hi All!

My brother has an HP Mini 110 running windoze and it currently has a bout with malware that's eating up all his hard drive space. Before reinstalling windoze, he's willing to give Ubuntu a go as I told him that I had no qualms with it ever since I moved my notebooks to it.

Will it work fine with his unit? I think we should download the netbook remix instead of using the standard version, right?

Hope to hear from y'all on this soon as he wants to do the reinstall ASAP.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: HP Mini 110

Hi,

I'm using the HP Mini 110 to write this. It works flawlessly. You might need to install drivers to connect to a wireless network so maybe have a ethernet cable at hand. Other than that I haven't had any problems at all.
    It doesn't really matter whether you use the netbook edition or the standard, desktop edition. The only difference is the user interface. Under the hood they're both the same. (I'm using the standard edition on mine).

andy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi randytan..

I suggest you also use the standard desktop edition...
    "Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it."
    "Never stop exploring new ideas, concepts, and techniques and never forget the old ones!"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by andymorton View Post
    Hi,

I'm using the HP Mini 110 to write this. It works flawlessly. You might need to install drivers to connect to a wireless network so maybe have a ethernet cable at hand. Other than that I haven't had any problems at all.
    It doesn't really matter whether you use the netbook edition or the standard, desktop edition. The only difference is the user interface. Under the hood they're both the same. (I'm using the standard edition on mine).

andy
    Hi Andy,

Which drivers are you referring to for the wireless network?

Can you give us a sort of procedure guide? My brother is the one who may be doing this and he's not that familiar with the codes and what not yet.

Thanks!

Randy

Beans

Hi All!

So my brother finally got around to installing Ubuntu (10.10) into his netbook, but the thing is, it hangs at the step where you put in your computer name, user name, and password. The status bar will just say ready when you are but will not proceed the final 25% to complete the installation.

He was not connected to the internet via cable as it is wireless here right now, could that have been the problem? Looks like andymorton was on the money with this one. Will try installing again tomorrow but with wired ethernet this time around.

Before I do anything else, is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks in advance and hope to hear from y'all again soon.