Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lirc vs Maverick Meerkat 10.04

Beans

Lirc vs Maverick Meerkat 10.04

It does this at each update . I upgrade to 10.10 and lirc is not working anymore. In 10.04, i was able to get lirc working using lirc_zilog. zilog is not loaded anymore. If i try to compile, i got error.

My question:
    Am i the only one with problem with lirc and Maverick Lucid?
    Must i continue to use lirc_zilog?
    Does a new lirc_zilog.diff exist for lirc 0.8.7?

Thanks

K

Beans

Re: Lirc vs Maverick Meerkat 10.04

Looks like lirc_zilog is the solution again. Where i can find the new .diff? is the question.

http://wilsonet.com/?page_id=95
    So certain Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 cards that have a Zilog z8 IR chip on them used to work with lirc_i2c stopped working, as the lirc_i2c driver doesn’t claim to support an i2c device id of ir_rx_z8f0811_haup. However, the lirc_zilog driver *does* claim to support ir_rx_z8f0811_haup. So the answer to this problem is for people to use lirc_zilog instead (after acquiring the requisite “firmware” blob that it needs — google knows where to find it, its also covered somewhere on this site in a blog posting on the hdpvr’s IR part). Note that lirc_i2c is likely to disappear entirely in the relatively near future, supplanted entirely by ir-kbd-i2c, which is now ported to ir-core, and its input layer event device can be snarfed for keypress data. It even works with ir_rx_z8f0811_haup devices (lirc_i2c *could* be made to support them as well, but I see no point in it, when its going away anyway).

Beans

No answer. Does it means i'm the only one with a pvr150 and hdpvr not working on maverick 10.10?

I tried a lot of things without success. The only thing i don't know how to do is to make lirc_zilog work with the new kernel and the version 0.8.7 of lirc. Sooo sad!

K

Beans

I try the old patch that work on 10.04. Anybody knows what is auto.conf or autoconf.h. These files seem to be missing

Command line:

sudo apt-get install lirc-modules-source
    cd /usr/src/lirc-0.8.7
    sudo patch -p0 < ~/zilog.diff
    patching file lirc-modules-source.conf
    patching file dkms.conf
    patching file Makefile
    patching file drivers/lirc_zilog/.deps/lirc_zilog.Po
    patching file drivers/lirc_zilog/Makefile
    patching file drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.c
    patching file drivers/Makefile
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 246 (offset 110 lines).
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source
    Removing all DKMS Modules
    Done.
    Loading new lirc-0.8.7~pre3 DKMS files...
    Building only for 2.6.35-22-generic
    Building for architecture i686
    Building initial module for 2.6.35-22-generic

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 2.6.35-22-generic (i686)
    Consult the make.log in the build directory
    /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/ for more information.
    Excerpt of /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/make.log
    make -C drivers SUBDIRS="lirc_zilog"
    make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers »
    Making all in lirc_zilog
    make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog »
    cp ./../lirc_dev/Module*.symvers .
    mv Makefile Makefile.automake
    cp ./../Makefile.kernel Makefile
    CPPFLAGS="" CFLAGS="" LDFLAGS="" \
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-22-generic/build SUBDIRS=/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog modules \
    KBUILD_VERBOSE=1
    make[3]: entrant dans le répertoire « /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic »
    test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || ( \
    echo; \
    echo " ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
    echo " include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
    echo " Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it."; \
    echo; \
    /bin/false)
    mkdir -p /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/.tmp_versions ; rm -f /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/.tmp_versions/*
    make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog
    gcc -Wp,-MD,/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/.lirc_zilog.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.4.5/include -I/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic/arch/x86/include -Iinclude -include include/generated/autoconf.h -Iubuntu/include -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -Wno-format-security -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -O2 -m32 -msoft-float -mregparm=3 -freg-struct-return -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -march=i686 -mtune=generic -maccumulate-outgoing-args -Wa,-mtune=generic32 -ffreestanding -fstack-protector -DCONFIG_AS_CFI=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SIGNAL_FRAME=1 -DCONFIG_AS_CFI_SECTIONS=1 -pipe -Wno-sign-compare -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Wframe-larger-than=1024 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -pg -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wno-pointer-sign -fno-strict-overflow -fconserve-stack -DIRCTL_DEV_MAJOR=61 -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/. -I/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/ -I/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/../.. -I/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/../.. -I/lib/modules/2.6.35-22-generic/build/include/ -I/lib/modules/2.6.35-22-generic/build/drivers/media/video/ -DMODULE -D"KBUILD_STR(s)=#s" -D"KBUILD_BASENAME=KBUILD_STR(lirc_zilog)" -D"KBUILD_MODNAME=KBUILD_STR(lirc_zilog)" -c -o /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/.tmp_lirc_zilog.o /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.c
    /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.c:41: fatal error: linux/autoconf.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
    compilation terminated.
    make[4]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.o] Erreur 1
    make[3]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog] Erreur 2
    make[3]: quittant le répertoire « /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic »
    make[2]: *** [lirc_zilog.o] Erreur 2
    make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers/lirc_zilog »
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
    make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /var/lib/dkms/lirc/0.8.7~pre3/build/drivers »
    make: *** [zilog] Erreur 2
    Last edited by Kheops_74; October 21st, 2010 at 02:04 AM.

Beans

I install linux-source-2.6.35 package and change #include <linux/autoconf.h> to #include </usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic/include/generated/autoconf.h> in the /drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.c file.

The command "sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source" works and /dev/lirc0, /dev/lirc1 appear. The remote work.

My last problem is the irsend command. I receive an error

irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE blaster 1
    irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE blaster 1
    irsend: hardware does not support sending
    I already had this one in the past but i don't remember what it was.

Beans

I get lirc_zilog.c source code from this site http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne...52acc9;hb=HEAD and replace mine.

I did sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source again and
    sudo rmmod lirc_i2c
    sudo rmmod lirc_zilog
    sudo rmmod lirc_dev
    sudo modprobe lirc_i2c
    sudo modprobe lirc_zilog

I modify the hardware.conf and lircd.conf.

The blaster work

Beans

What a mess. Where is the Ubuntu Community when you need them?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi Kheops,

glad to know I'm not alone having this issue... THat is primarily the reason I never upgrade the kernel in my mythbox... Everytime is a hassle and I'm afraid to death of messing up everything... Still can't understand how come at release 10.10 we're still not able to get an IR Blaster from a PVR-150, whcih presumably everyone in the mythtv world uses, and still doesn't work out of the box...

I messed up my mythtv box yesterday and I have to re-install everything from scratch (might as well use 10.10)... Everything went smoothly, except the IR Blaster...

Glad I found your post, I'll be validating if it works for me...

Merci!

Gleepwurp.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Confirmed,

works well for me too!

Thanks again!

Gleepwurp.

Beans

Kehops thanks for figuring this out! I have been fighting with this problem for a week or more now. I was able to work through your process over the weekend and was getting some functionality out of the IR blaster. However, my Hauppauge remote was sending (or the HDPVR was interpreting) 3 signals per button push. I believe that this lead to the eventual crash of Myth or the HDPVR. Upon recovery from the crash, I no longer have blasting capability. I tried to repeat your process this evening and I am now getting:

FATAL: Error inserting lirc_zilog (/lib/modules/2.6.35-22-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/lirc/lirc_zilog.ko): Invalid argument

As I am quite new to Myth and extremely new to LIRC, I am unsure of what I am doing wrong. As I understand it, the steps you followed are:

1. install lirc-modules-source
    2. apply patch zilog.diff to /usr/src/lirc-0.8.7~pre3
    3. replace /usr/src/lirc-0.8.7~pre3/drivers/lirc_zilog/lirc_zilog.c with the version that you linked in your earlier post
    4. dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

At this point, lsmod does not show the new modules loaded. I modprobe them and get the error that I stated above. Something that may impact this is that during the dpkg-reconfigure, I get this message:

lirc_zilog.ko:
    Running module version sanity check.

Good news! Module version for lirc_zilog.ko
    exactly matches what is already found in kernel 2.6.35-22-generic.
    DKMS will not replace this module.
    You may override by specifying --force.

depmod....

DKMS: install Completed.

Up until my crash this weekend, it seemed to be working fine as I could irsend commands with no issue from the command line. within minutes of trying to use the remote in Myth, I had the crash and now I am at a loss as to why it isn't working. Any suggestions that you or anyone else may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I am very new to these forums so if I am doing something wrong or I need to provide more information please let me know!

For reference my system is:
    Ubuntu 10.10
    2.6.35-22-generic
    MythTV 0.23
    Hauppauge HDPVR with firmware obtained 2 weeks ago from website installed
    Hauppauge HDPVR remote
    AMD XP 2500+

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast