Thread: 10.10 will not install on my system !!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

10.10 will not install on my system !!

For some reason I can not get 10.10 onto my system. Thinking that it was maybe my system that was at fault, not burning the disc properly I have now burnt about 10 disc's over two systems + on Windows, using three different brands of disc's. But still it wont install. It always comes up with a cant read disc error.. I am at the minute using Fedora 14 Beta burnt the same way that I have already been trying. This has installed with out a single problem.

Is there anyone else having the same issue.

I have error checked the disc's, and they had no issue's.
    Three more days to halloween, halloween. Three more days to halloween, Silver Shamrock.........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome Development Release

Re: 10.10 will not install on my system !!

First of all check the image for defects.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Secondly, try to burn the disc at the lowest possible speeds.

Make sure that your CD-ROM Drive is in proper working condition. Can you boot some previously burnt discs with it?

Sometime master/slave jumper configuration on the drives also tend to cause problems like this.

My last shot would be aiming for a memtest. Bad RAM modules don't cause that error too often, but I have seen it happen at least twice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by sikander3786 View Post
    First of all check the image for defects.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Secondly, try to burn the disc at the lowest possible speeds.

Make sure that your CD-ROM Drive is in proper working condition. Can you boot some previously burnt discs with it?

Sometime master/slave jumper configuration on the drives also tend to cause problems like this.

My last shot would be aiming for a memtest. Bad RAM modules don't cause that error too often, but I have seen it happen at least twice.
    If you had a bad memory module it would be affecting the computer whether using Ubuntu, Windows or any other OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows works fine no problem's with it at all. The gut's of the system were all bought new in June this year. I have error checked all the disc's.

Just had another couple of goes at installing both had the same error .

(Ermo ) Input/Output error: '/rofs/usr/share/doc/python-zope.interface/changelog.gz
    Three more days to halloween, halloween. Three more days to halloween, Silver Shamrock.........