Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New music player - Exaile!

imdano, you're a prince! (or a princess -- not sure.)
    Lenovo Y510 | Ubuntu 14.04 | 1.6 GHz Pentium Dual T2330 | 4 gig RAM | Intel X3100 gfx | 250GB 5400 RPM hard drive.

Gunga galunga...gunga- gunga lagunga.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I loved Exaile, but for some reason it's not working for me anymore. Just hangs on "loading database...."

Back to Rhythmbox then, but it's not a patch on Exaile.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fisher View Post
    I loved Exaile, but for some reason it's not working for me anymore. Just hangs on "loading database...."

Back to Rhythmbox then, but it's not a patch on Exaile.
    hm, you could try resetting your db:
    Code:
    mv ~/.exaile/music.db ~/.exaile/music.db-old
    you'll lose ratings and playcounts, but it might make it work again.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Does anyone see a chance of exaile adding support/plugins for DSP/Effects?

The only things I think it really lacks are:

• Ability to just "Play" an item from the library instantly from a right click context menu, rather than adding it to the bottom of the playlist and/or queueing it.
      This would also allow people to not have to add their entire collection as a playlist in order to find and play a song immediately.
    • More layout themes, because gtk2.0 themes are great anyway
    • DSP/Effect Plugins. It's not remotely fair to compare Exaile with XMMS, but perhaps there is a way to enable support for XMMS plugins? I don't know, I'm not a programmer.
    Hearing I ask from the holy races
    From Heimdall's sons, both high and low
    Thou wilt, Valfather, that well I relate
    Old tales I remember of men long ago.

Beans

[*]Ability to just "Play" an item from the library instantly from a right click context menu, rather than adding it to the bottom of the playlist and/or queueing it.
    This would also allow people to not have to add their entire collection as a playlist in order to find and play a song immediately.
    I like this idea, file a feature request ('wishlist' bug) on launchpad
    [*]More layout themes, because gtk2.0 themes are great anyway
    contributions are welcome...

[*]DSP/Effect Plugins. It's not remotely fair to compare Exaile with XMMS, but perhaps there is a way to enable support for XMMS plugins? I don't know, I'm not a programmer.
    adding support for xmms plugins would likely be a nightmare. however, any sort of effect supported by gstreamer should be perfectly possible to add. we already support the equalizer and ReplayGain, adding more filters could be done the same way.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    I like this idea, file a feature request ('wishlist' bug) on launchpad
    I tried to sign up but I still haven't received the registration E-mail. I smell a ****up on my mailserver's part.

adding support for xmms plugins would likely be a nightmare. however, any sort of effect supported by gstreamer should be perfectly possible to add. we already support the equalizer and ReplayGain, adding more filters could be done the same way.
    OK, well I just did a tiny bit of research.

I'm in over my head but...from what I can understand ubuntu 7.10 comes with gstreamer-plugins-good, bad & ugly installed by default.

Regardless of whether they are or not, wouldn't that mean it should be quite easy to enable them...for example, some of the TAP-Plugins for LADSPA in Exaile through gstreamer.

I may be speaking absolute garbage here but I found a few gst-*-0.10 commands, and some examples on this website:

Code:
    gst-launch filesrc location=music.mp3 ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! osssink
    So then can I assume that every time someone clicks the play button in Exaile that's what's really happening?

Couldn't it be easy to just add a simple TAP-Plugin to the end of this command to add a specific effect?

Maybe you can clear this up for me, I'm sure I'm muddled somewhere.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sutur View Post
    I tried to sign up but I still haven't received the registration E-mail. I smell a ****up on my mailserver's part.
    Oh no problem, I'll file it for you then. I just prefer people to post their own requests since then they get notifications when its updated and it's easier to get more info if needed.

EDIT: bug filed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/exaile/+bug/162811, you can subscribe youself to it once you get your account working.

OK, well I just did a tiny bit of research.

I'm in over my head but...from what I can understand ubuntu 7.10 comes with gstreamer-plugins-good, bad & ugly installed by default.

Regardless of whether they are or not, wouldn't that mean it should be quite easy to enable them...for example, some of the TAP-Plugins for LADSPA in Exaile through gstreamer.

I may be speaking absolute garbage here but I found a few gst-*-0.10 commands, and some examples on this website:

Code:
    gst-launch filesrc location=music.mp3 ! mad ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! osssink
    So then can I assume that every time someone clicks the play button in Exaile that's what's really happening?

Couldn't it be easy to just add a simple TAP-Plugin to the end of this command to add a specific effect?

Maybe you can clear this up for me, I'm sure I'm muddled somewhere.
    exactly, that's how the EQ and replaygain work, we just add one more component to the line.
    Last edited by reacocard; November 15th, 2007 at 07:57 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Adding support for ladspa plugins would be excellent! With a good combination of TAP's parametric equalizer/BW, dynamics and tube warmth I have turned my simply good speakers sounding like studio professional ones
    Ubuntu user #20092 || I can't sing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

exactly, that's how the EQ and replaygain work, we just add one more component to the line.
    Hah! I can't believe I actually worked that out myself. I'm not a dumbass after all lol

Okay well that sounds easy, is there any way I can help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

hm, you could try resetting your db:
    Code:
    mv ~/.exaile/music.db ~/.exaile/music.db-old
    you'll lose ratings and playcounts, but it might make it work again.
    Yeah, thanks that worked. I did a bit of googling to try and see what was going wrong. It seems the database (pysql ??) was having trouble reading non-unicode characters, and was just stalling. I basically reinstalled that, and exaile (after removing the .exaile directory) and it seems fine now. I have noticed that this time the files it was having trouble reading simply havent been put into my library. Not a problem though - i didnt really like them anyway.

Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast