Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Re: New music player - Exaile!

Ok i just installed the Player and tryed to start playing music (.mp3/and radio) and it would start to play but it would not go anywhere the play icon will turn into a pause icon but it just sits there like nothign happends and playes nothing
    please help

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

I downloaded the latest .deb (0.2.8 ) yesterday and have been running it. I like it, pretty nice and was impressed at how fast it opened in comparison to Amarok. However, I do have a few qualms. I know it's still pretty young in the dev and I'm not sure what things exactly are in the works for the next release, I just thought I'd mention them.

1. Would be nice if when you opened Exaile, the last track you happened to be playing when you Quit the program was selected on the playlist so you could play where you left off.

2. My monitor is pretty small (13 inch ) and my mother has poor eyesight so were running Edgy at 800x600. There's not much viewing room for a playlist at 800x600 as it only shows 8 songs due to all the screen room it takes up at the top with the Song title, Album art, bigger playlist font used and on the bootom of the screen with bigger function buttons, etc. Amarok on the other hand shows 18 songs due to it's bigger use of playlist screen space...

I'm the kind of guy who pretty much just shows my entire library as the playlist, don't really do custom playlists or anything so if the track is highlighted that's playing, I don't really need a big album art and titles up there... But maybe that's just because I don't really have the screen space for it so it just happens to feel like a slight burden for me...

3. Exaile doesn't maximize on the screen properly on 800x600, I'll include a screen shot of what it looks like in 800x600... can see the desktop on left of the screen: link

And here's Amarok for comparison sake in 800x600: link

Hopefully a much needed BIG monitor upgrade with different resolution will fix that though
    It seemed to look a lot nicer when I switched to 1024x768 to look at it for a second.

4. Other than that... It'd be nice if somehow you could lock the Information Tab there for the Wiki, Lyrics, etc. next to the playlists. I really loved that Amarok had that stuff and it sucks having to reopen the info tab every time you start the program. I actually really like how that was done in comparison to Amarok though. Nice and wide page to view all the Wiki info was a great idea!

I think that's it. Nice job, will definitely be keeping my eyes open for any future updates!
    Last edited by SPLASTiK; January 29th, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Beans

I just started using Ubuntu full time, and after a day of just playing around with Listen, Amarok, RhythmBox, and Exaile, I finally chose Exaile as my music player of choice.
    But to get the multimedia keys to work, I had to use KeyTouch to map them to "exaile -a" for Play/Pause, etc, because the MediaKeys plugin wasn't working at all.

I agree with the above, that Information should be a sidebar tab, for quick access.
    Great job on the player thus far!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Lightbulb Re: New music player - Exaile!

Man that is an awesome player. In fact it is the only one which made me remove Amarok.

Great job. Congrats on that.

I just have a suggestion for you. I find that you are trying to include support for equalizers. But, AFAIK, gstreamer does not support equalization. If you are able to get it working with gstreamer, it would be gr8.

If not, y don't u try switching to the xine engine. I'm by no means a Python/GTK developer, so I dunno if this is gonna be possible. But, it would be a great idea.
    Bye,

Chandru

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by ciscosurfer View Post
    My tablature tab doesn't seem to work--on any files.

Is this a known bug? Any workarounds? Am I doing something wrong?

I am running Exaile 0.2.8
    +1
    Ubuntu user # 7485 - Linux User # 412249
    "Oh, bother," said the Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey for xine engine, I just came across a library called pyXine.

http://pyxine.sourceforge.net/

It has been updated long back. I just thought it might be helpful.
    Bye,

Chandru

Beans

hello, just switched from amarok to exaile 0.2.8. !

I like it very much!

just one question:

what does the playback sink setting mean?

and a short wishlist:

- global shortcuts are definitely needed!
    - it should be possible to hide the album cover and give more space to the play list
    - and finally, a possibility to have the player control buttons above the playlist, not at the bottom

thanks!

Beans

Alright I am having a bit of trouble with Last.fm and Exaile. I just cannot seem to get it to submit every song, it submitted 3 today, then just stopped submitting. Is anyone else experiencing a problem scrobbling in Exaile?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
    Alright I am having a bit of trouble with Last.fm and Exaile. I just cannot seem to get it to submit every song, it submitted 3 today, then just stopped submitting. Is anyone else experiencing a problem scrobbling in Exaile?
    yes, just now while listening to an album, it failed to send the 4th track. however, i am not sure this is the fault of exaile.

Beans

Strange...seems to be working just fine now.
    Oh well.
    Great job on the player!

Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast