Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by drobvice View Post
    That helps but the track duplicates at the end of the list. Will try to attach a screenshot.
    hm, that doesn't happen to me. very strange

Also one quick announcement: exaile.org is going to be down for a few hours for maintenance.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I don't know if it matters, but I am using firefly media server on a windows machine for the daap share.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by drobvice View Post
    I don't know if it matters, but I am using firefly media server on a windows machine for the daap share.
    firefly/mt-daapd has for some reason always been buggy with the exaile daap plugin. I use Tangerine instead, which works much better.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

I tried tangerine first but it would always crash when xp would start up. I had to find an alternative and came across firefly. It's been really solid so far.

Beans

I'm not running Ubuntu, but since the exaile.org website is down, this is the only method I can see to get my message to the developer. It's not a showstopper, but enough for me to consider changing my audio player. When I run exaile, it refuses to play a second song consecutively. However, I'm unable to produce any error details for this, because it doesn't reproduce this behaviour when launched from the console.

I'm running Debian unstable on amd64 architecture, using the debian package.

If the problem is the package, then let me know. If the problem is with the software, then let me know the fix, please. I don't frequent these forums often, but I can be contacted at joeinnes_nospam_@gmail.com (obviously, take out the _nospam_

Joe

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joeinnes View Post
    I'm not running Ubuntu, but since the exaile.org website is down, this is the only method I can see to get my message to the developer. It's not a showstopper, but enough for me to consider changing my audio player. When I run exaile, it refuses to play a second song consecutively. However, I'm unable to produce any error details for this, because it doesn't reproduce this behaviour when launched from the console.

I'm running Debian unstable on amd64 architecture, using the debian package.

If the problem is the package, then let me know. If the problem is with the software, then let me know the fix, please. I don't frequent these forums often, but I can be contacted at joeinnes_nospam_@gmail.com (obviously, take out the _nospam_

Joe
    there's something buggy in the player code right now since a number of people have experienced similar bugs. I myself have experienced this one, but it mysteriously stopped happening a couple weeks ago. My suggestion is to wait for exaile.org to come up and then add your confirmation to the bug on trac, the more people known to experience it the better the odds are it will get fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

hello everyone. I installed Exaile, it looks very nice, just like Amarok but I couldn't use it. I added my mp3 folder to "tools" - "library manager", it scanned my folders but it didn't create a collection.
    Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by puratu View Post
    hello everyone. I installed Exaile, it looks very nice, just like Amarok but I couldn't use it. I added my mp3 folder to "tools" - "library manager", it scanned my folders but it didn't create a collection.
    Am I doing something wrong? What should I do?
    Nah, you're doing things right. The problem is that since the necessary mp3 codecs aren't installed, Exaile currently won't understand them and as such will skip them when scanning.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what package contains the codecs, so just go to Applications - Add/Remove... -> change selector to "All Available applications", enter the word codec in the search bar and install anything starting with the word GStreamer. Should be about four entries.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by GFree678 View Post
    Nah, you're doing things right. The problem is that since the necessary mp3 codecs aren't installed, Exaile currently won't understand them and as such will skip them when scanning.

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly what package contains the codecs, so just go to Applications - Add/Remove... -> change selector to "All Available applications", enter the word codec in the search bar and install anything starting with the word GStreamer. Should be about four entries.
    Thanks for your reply but I ınstalled necesarry codecs with Automatix. Everything starting with "GStreamer" is installed and I can play my mp3s with Audacious and other applications. Exaile can play them too. but my problem is that it can't build collection.
    Last edited by puratu; August 20th, 2007 at 10:17 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

I have a question. Most of my album art is embedded in the mp3 itself but Exaile does not display it. Is this a bug, or a feature that hasn't been implemented yet?
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM

Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast