Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by shrimphead
    awesome player I love it, I used to use KDE purely for amarok (I hate running qt apps in a gtk environemt too) and this is exactly what I was looking for.

I haven't used it extensively yet, I only installed it a half hour ago, but the first thing that jumps out at me is that it doesn't remember it's position between instances. It would be awesome if there was an option to start in full screen or something.
    Ah, it actually does remember the position and size... problem is that it only remembers when you resize or move the window (these events are not triggered when you maxmize). I'll add a listener to the maximize event, and it will be available in the next release.

Beans

I'm using it in Arch Linux and it works fine except I can't listen to shoutcast feeds. I don't get any error, just nothing happens, no sound. The feeds work fine in xmms, but not in exaile. I installed all dependencies suggested, but could I miss some gstreamer plugin or something? Does it require gstreamer-ffmpeg to stream these radio feeds? However, opening exaile in a terminal and opening a shoutcast playlist previously downloaded doesn't give any error message.

Apart from that, great player ! Really good. I love it. Great work, thanks !

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart
    I'm using it in Arch Linux and it works fine except I can't listen to shoutcast feeds. I don't get any error, just nothing happens, no sound. The feeds work fine in xmms, but not in exaile. I installed all dependencies suggested, but could I miss some gstreamer plugin or something? Does it require gstreamer-ffmpeg to stream these radio feeds? However, opening exaile in a terminal and opening a shoutcast playlist previously downloaded doesn't give any error message.

Apart from that, great player ! Really good. I love it. Great work, thanks !
    Do you see any messages in the terminal when you run it?

Beans

Nothing special apart from the dbus error that tell me I can ignore it. Here is the output when opening exaile and then trying to open a shoutcast playlist:

[alberto@localhost ~]$ exaile
    Introspect error: The name org.exaile.DBusInterface was not provided by any .service files
    ***** You can safely ignore the above error.
    [audioscrobbler] logging in
    [audioscrobbler] Sleeping for 1 secs
    loading songs
    Importing /home/alberto/shoutcast-playlist.pls

And there it stops and does nothing else... It's strange 'cause i can listen to my local files without a problem.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm using it in Arch Linux and it works fine except I can't listen to shoutcast feeds.
    Same problem here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nothing special apart from the dbus error that tell me I can ignore it. Here is the output when opening exaile and then trying to open a shoutcast playlist:

[alberto@localhost ~]$ exaile
    Introspect error: The name org.exaile.DBusInterface was not provided by any .service files
    ***** You can safely ignore the above error.
    [audioscrobbler] logging in
    [audioscrobbler] Sleeping for 1 secs
    loading songs
    Importing /home/alberto/shoutcast-playlist.pls

And there it stops and does nothing else... It's strange 'cause i can listen to my local files without a problem.
    Can you paste the contents of that file?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by arnieboy
    First of all:
    I am on Dapper and I tried version 0.2b
    This player is very impressive and is the best of the lot currently in my opinion.
    A few bugs which need to be addressed in the radio section:
    1) Exaile is unable to retrieve radio stations in some shoutcast genres like "80's" (not the only one).
    2) Everytime, I double click on a radio genre, it opens a new tab. A check should be added to make sure that if a tab is already open for one genre, it should not get re-opened in a new tab if clicked again and preferably, the tab in which it was already open should gain focus.
    1) For some reason there are no stations under "80's" on shoutcast, even if you browse shoutcast.com in firefox. I'm not sure why this is.

2) I will add this in.

Adam

Beans

The file is just a playlist downloaded from shoutcast to test opening it locally. Here are the contents:

[playlist]
    numberofentries=5
    File1=http://207.200.96.227:80/stream/1028
    Title1=(#1 - 315/3155) S K Y . F M - Classical & Flamenco Guitar - a mix of classical, spanish, and flamenco guitar
    Length1=-1
    File2=http://207.200.96.227:8000
    Title2=(#2 - 105/1000) S K Y . F M - Classical & Flamenco Guitar - a mix of classical, spanish, and flamenco guitar
    Length2=-1
    File3=http://207.200.96.229:8016
    Title3=(#3 - 110/1000) S K Y . F M - Classical & Flamenco Guitar - a mix of classical, spanish, and flamenco guitar
    Length3=-1
    File4=http://207.200.96.228:80/stream/1028
    Title4=(#4 - 760/2207) S K Y . F M - Classical & Flamenco Guitar - a mix of classical, spanish, and flamenco guitar
    Length4=-1
    File5=http://205.188.215.226:8020
    Title5=(#5 - 81/100) S K Y . F M - Classical & Flamenco Guitar - a mix of classical, spanish, and flamenco guitar
    Length5=-1
    Version=2

It's strange. Exaile's radio works fine in Ubuntu live-CD... In Arch I'm using Xfce instead of Gnome, but that shouldn't be a problem I guess... And opening that same file in xmms works fine here too.

Beans

Got the po file done. I don't speak python, so I don't know how to apply this, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by darehanl
    Got the po file done. I don't speak python, so I don't know how to apply this, though.
    Ok, I've put this in svn. You'll have to type 'make' to convert the .po files to .mo. If you could svn update and let me know if it worked?

Thanks,

--synic

Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast