Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

I just started using exaile and I am a huge fan. There are a couple of amarok features I would like to know if are planned to be implemented. First one is the "statistics" which gives info like "most played artist/album/song" and the second is the context style browser?

Love the player though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tabithaboof View Post
    I just started using exaile and I am a huge fan. There are a couple of amarok features I would like to know if are planned to be implemented. First one is the "statistics" which gives info like "most played artist/album/song" and the second is the context style browser?

Love the player though.
    there are no plans to implement either, but both could be implemented as plugins without much trouble.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans
    Hidden!

This player freakin rules. I just downloaded it today and I'm already a huge fan. Thank you for taking the time to make it so awesome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I really like the Dynamic Playlist feature in Exaile, and I want to know
    a) Is there an easy way of getting exaile to run on Windows? I can't seem to get gtk / libglade up and running
    b) Is there a Windows app with similar functionality
    c) Is there any chance of Exaile getting ported to native Windows?
    email: me@rory.sh
    IRC: ​blazemore@freenode

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blazemore View Post
    I really like the Dynamic Playlist feature in Exaile, and I want to know
    a) Is there an easy way of getting exaile to run on Windows? I can't seem to get gtk / libglade up and running
    b) Is there a Windows app with similar functionality
    c) Is there any chance of Exaile getting ported to native Windows?
    a) No, there is no automated installer, it has to be done by hand.
    b) not to my knowledge
    c) none of the current devs really use windows, but we are certainly open to contributions towards making the exaile experience on windows as good as the one in linux, should anyone be inclined to provide such support.
    Last edited by reacocard; July 30th, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey Reacocard,

I'm picking a media player to use on default - I've been using Amarok, and so far today I've given Songbird and Banshee extensive testing. Songbird uses way too much RAM for my tastes, and Banshee is really really excellent. Now I'm tasting Exaile, and I really like its Amarokish left-side pane for browsing through media (probably the only feature Banshee lacks).

My only complaint with Exaile, and this is a deal breaker for me, is that it won't fetch my covers. My music is 90% downloaded from Jamendo, and so the format is Album - Artist - JamendoInfo/Title.mp3 for the music and Album - Artist - JamendoInfo/[cover] Title.jpg for the covers.

I have put *.jpg *.png *.gif for the cover manager, and there are no other images in the music folders.

It still does not seem to work; Exaile will not grab a single cover, and the only way for me to get them to show is to Add a custom cover.
    ...:::{Matthew}:::...
    Ubuntu User # 17973 | Psychocat's Ubuntu Resources| Install ANYTHING
    Blessings and Love

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewPlanchard View Post
    Hey Reacocard,

I'm picking a media player to use on default - I've been using Amarok, and so far today I've given Songbird and Banshee extensive testing. Songbird uses way too much RAM for my tastes, and Banshee is really really excellent. Now I'm tasting Exaile, and I really like its Amarokish left-side pane for browsing through media (probably the only feature Banshee lacks).

My only complaint with Exaile, and this is a deal breaker for me, is that it won't fetch my covers. My music is 90% downloaded from Jamendo, and so the format is Album - Artist - JamendoInfo/Title.mp3 for the music and Album - Artist - JamendoInfo/[cover] Title.jpg for the covers.

I have put *.jpg *.png *.gif for the cover manager, and there are no other images in the music folders.

It still does not seem to work; Exaile will not grab a single cover, and the only way for me to get them to show is to Add a custom cover.
    I'm afraid that * syntax isn't supported right now. The only way to get it to work is to either rename all the covers to cover.jpg or the like, or to set them all by hand. 0.3's cover handling system should be a bit more flexible for things like this, but that will not be released for a while yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the info!

If the wildcard function is implemented, please do post here! I've got a subscription set up.
    ...:::{Matthew}:::...
    Ubuntu User # 17973 | Psychocat's Ubuntu Resources| Install ANYTHING
    Blessings and Love

Beans

I've seen a couple screenshots where on their gnome panel they have a thing that says "Exaile-"song playing". I would love to have my panel say what song I am listening to all the time. I use Music Applet but it doesn't show the song name all the time. Is there a plugin for this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hey, wow thanks Synic! Great job, installed and running fine. Man I am actually understanding the Linux file system. lol. Taken a while but I am getting there. Good thing too since my XP HD died a horrible death a couple of days ago, wondered where all that grinding noise was coming from, LOL. Hey dual booted with Ubuntu so I have not missed a step and I am going windows free now! Anyway listening to Alison Krauss right now on my new music player.

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast