Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1202

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMorgan View Post
    I was wondering if there is a way to view the albums by thier cover like in WMP or even a cover flow thing like iTunes?

Exaile is my fav by far just love visualtions, thanks - Morgan
    not yet, though it has been requested before and likely will be implemented at some point, probably as a plugin.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson
    Exaile Media Player | Arch Linux
    Click here to have your brain eaten

Beans

Hi, just found this looks great. I've installed 0.2.8 from Feisty repos, is there a way to get the latest version please? The exaile web site only mentions Gutsy. Thanks!

Beans

A while back in this thread, it was mentioned that Exaile would soon be usable with Foxytunes. Does anyone know how far away this is likely to be?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by starfry View Post
    Hi, just found this looks great. I've installed 0.2.8 from Feisty repos, is there a way to get the latest version please? The exaile web site only mentions Gutsy. Thanks!
    latest version 0.2.11 is only packaged for gutsy, however under older versions you can probably find at least 0.2.10 for feisty.

Quote Originally Posted by kissoffboardy View Post
    A while back in this thread, it was mentioned that Exaile would soon be usable with Foxytunes. Does anyone know how far away this is likely to be?
    no idea. I've never seen the appeal of foxytunes myself though.
    "Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K. Jackson

Beans

I apologise if this has been answered before - I'm pretty sure it's been asked, but couldn't find a resolution.

Most radio streams I want to listen too are encapsulated in an .m3u playlist file. Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but if I try to add the playlist file to Exaile via Add Save Station, clicking on the station and clicking on the m3u URL I specified will just present a message of "Importing playlist..." in the status bar, but won't actually connect.

I find I have to download the .m3u file manually, cat/less/more it so I can find the URL of the ACTUAL radio stream, and embed that instead. Why is this necessary when Totem will load the .m3u and play the radio stream URL located inside it just fine?

My ideal situation would be so that I can go to my list of radio streams, which is a web page with a whole lot of .m3u files, click on one, and it'll open and start playing in Exaile. Until that happens, I have to keep using Totem since it knows what I want to do.
    Last edited by BreathEasy; January 5th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BreathEasy View Post
    I apologise if this has been answered before - I'm pretty sure it's been asked, but couldn't find a resolution.

Most radio streams I want to listen too are encapsulated in an .m3u playlist file. Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but if I try to add the playlist file to Exaile via Add Save Station, clicking on the station and clicking on the m3u URL I specified will just present a message of "Importing playlist..." in the status bar, but won't actually connect.

I find I have to download the .m3u file manually, cat/less/more it so I can find the URL of the ACTUAL radio stream, and embed that instead. Why is this necessary when Totem will load the .m3u and play the radio stream URL located inside it just fine?

My ideal situation would be so that I can go to my list of radio streams, which is a web page with a whole lot of .m3u files, click on one, and it'll open and start playing in Exaile. Until that happens, I have to keep using Totem since it knows what I want to do.
    file -> open file can handle playlists, maybe that will work better.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    file -> open file can handle playlists, maybe that will work better.
    I tried that. I went to "Open URL", entered the URL of a file ending in .m3u, got the same message - Importing playlist..., but all I could find was an extra entry at the bottom of my "Entire Playlist" list, with the same .m3u file!

Also, out of curiosity, in the Radio tab there are two extra folders: Podcasts and Radio Streams. I've been unable to work out what has to happen for Exaile to populate those.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Exaile rocks. It is the only gnome audio player which can compete with Amarok.

Hope Ubuntu includes it by default.
    Bye,

Chandru

Beans

I hope they sort out importing playlists. until then it's a big thumbs down from me unfortunately.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by reacocard View Post
    latest version 0.2.11 is only packaged for gutsy, however under older versions you can probably find at least 0.2.10 for feisty.

no idea. I've never seen the appeal of foxytunes myself though.
    Ok, no problem. I guess it's horses for courses with that kind of thing. It appeals to me as I listen to a lot of random playlists whilst surfing the net, and it's nice to be able to skip from within the browser when a track I'm not in the mood for comes on. Also, most forums I go on have a "I'm now listening to" thread, but Foxytunes lets you stick that in your signature with a link for the curious. Saves time, but no good for post whores!

----------------
    Now playing: Psychic Ills - January Rain
    via FoxyTunes

Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast