Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    3

    Unhappy Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    Hi, this is my first post here, hope i can explain the best i could about this little problem i'm having right now.

    Well the problem is this, when i try to change the plymouth i do all that is wrote in this link: http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...4-140810.shtml ... and when my pc is in the restart/shutdown process i can see the new plymouth working but after my pc restart and load the burg theme all i get after that is again an ugly "ubuntu 10.10" and the dots loading (not even the default plymouth). So in resume, i don't know if the burg is changing the settings every time the pc restart after the changes i make. (just in case, before i had burg the plymouth was working as usually) and i was using the open source ati drivers, now im using the fgrlx one. Thanks for any info and sorry about my english, it's not my native language
    Last edited by iaiajo; October 17th, 2010 at 05:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Beans
    3,509

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    If your using burg you should be using
    gksu gedit /etc/default/burg
    not
    gksu gedit /etc/default/grub

    and when finished use
    sudo update-burg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    3

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    If your using burg you should be using
    gksu gedit /etc/default/burg
    not
    gksu gedit /etc/default/grub

    and when finished use
    sudo update-burg
    hey thanks!, going to give it a try

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beans
    3

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    yeah!! i can confirm that is working as you suggest me to do it, thanks alot man.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    6

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    What did you change in Burg to solve this. I have the same problem and pointed theme to my plymouth theme directory and got the ugly default grub theme (black/white text only)

    Grub_Theme "/lib/plymouth/themes/spinfinity" didn't work

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    did you fixed it?


    its really simple, just type on your terminal;

    gksu gedit /etc/default/burg

    look for this line;
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT

    and make it look like;

    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1280x1024-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"

    then look for;
    #GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480


    change it to;
    GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x1024

    save it

    then in your terminal;
    echo FRAMEBUFFER=y | sudo tee /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
    sudo update-burg
    sudo update-initramfs -u

    restart
    and you are donde!



    Note: before you do anything with your screen resolution, go to menu>>system>>preferences>>Monitors
    and you use that resolution for your /etc/default/burg file.
    Last edited by elnetotaca; June 1st, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    9

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    Quote Originally Posted by elnetotaca View Post
    did you fixed it?


    its really simple, just type on your terminal;

    gksu gedit /etc/default/burg

    look for this line;
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT

    and make it look like;

    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset video=uvesafb:mode_option=1280x1024-24,mtrr=3,scroll=ywrap"

    then look for;
    #GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480


    change it to;
    GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x1024

    save it

    then in your terminal;
    echo FRAMEBUFFER=y | sudo tee /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/splash
    sudo update-burg
    sudo update-initramfs -u

    restart
    and you are donde!



    Note: before you do anything with your screen resolution, go to menu>>system>>preferences>>Monitors
    and you use that resolution for your /etc/default/burg file.
    I just followed these instructions to try and get my splash screen working with burg. When my computer loaded up burg worked and so did the splash screen, however my computer would not let me log in to unity. It said that my hardware did not meet the specifications, and so I used 'Boot-repair' to restore grub and now I can boot into unity again.

    Does any one know what the problem is here, and how I can get burg working with the ubuntu splash screen?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    1

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    hello elnetotaca, it's working for me thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilch1989 View Post
    I just followed these instructions to try and get my splash screen working with burg. When my computer loaded up burg worked and so did the splash screen, however my computer would not let me log in to unity. It said that my hardware did not meet the specifications, and so I used 'Boot-repair' to restore grub and now I can boot into unity again.

    Does any one know what the problem is here, and how I can get burg working with the ubuntu splash screen?
    well, if you have Ubuntu 11.04 burg will not work well.
    that is the only one thing I can't get to work.

    maybe in the next couple month someone will come up with a workaround.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    32
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.10 Edgy

    Re: Burg + Plymouth splash problem

    NICE! good job TEAM! pass it on!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •