Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 10.10

Beans

Re: Cannot resume from suspend Ubuntu 10.10

Same problem here on a Sony Vaio SZ2HP. Suspend to disk used to work fine on 10.04 but since upgrading it just freezes when trying to resume again, it just stays on the Ubuntu loading screen and requires a reboot to get it to work again.

Beans

Same issue here. Dell Inspiron 6400.

The last time I had some error messages appear on the screen about btusb - don't know if it's related or if I should have left something in modprobe from before the upgrade but I assume it's having an issue dealing with the bluetooth hardware I have on an internal USB connection.

A real shame this - I was marvelling at the excellent power management in 10.04 before the upgrade.

Beans

Thanks, but unfortunantly that did not do the trick

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Install the package 'hibernate' from the repositories. That seems to make suspend work properly. Why it is not included by default I have no idea. I found it through a search on Launchpad. It's available there, but it's also in the Maverick repositories.
    Fantastic, this seems to replace the default hibernate functionality with something that actually works.

Beans

anyway it's not a solution for our problem with suspend

after resume i get those messages (in a loop, many of them per second)

r8180 ..blabla.. WW:nic has lost pointer

i think the problem lays in kernel, or in general - which version is used and how it's configured in 10.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I can't find it, but several versions ago my wifi card could not be shutdown prior to a suspend or hibernate while it would try to enter the mode it would not awake. The fix was some sort of blacklist for the driver to tell power management to modprobe remove it and then on awake restart the driver.

Beans

I had the same problem with the 2.6.34 kernel with Maverick. That kernel suspended without issues in 10.04, so I don't think it's the kernel. Installing the new hibernate script, which also does suspend, fixed the problem for me, as far as I can tell.
    Asus EEE 900 with Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Linux user 497460

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I just installed package hibernate and it didn't fix the (suspend) problem.

When the computer goes into suspend and I bring it back out the password sign appears, I enter the password and then the desktop appears but the wireless network has been dropped. The screen then goes black again and the computer is frozen. Hence it seems that (for me at least) the solution will be something like what mordoc suggested. Haven't found find it yet, but the problem does seem to be a common one.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Found a blog post from a while ago detailing a very not-lazy attempt to fix the problem, the conclusion of which was:

Ok, now that i’ve spent an hour running through all possible solutions and they all didn’t work, i decided on a whim to try a different kernel and it worked. I was using the ubuntu kernel package for version 2.6.22-14-generic and it would never suspend to ram, and once i switched back to the slightly older 2.6.20-16-generic then everything worked just fine
    So it's a kernel issue? 10.04 worked fine for me while 10.10 which has a new kernel doesn't. Makes sense and also makes me despair of doing anything but waiting for an update to fix the problem. I'm simply setting the power management options all to "blank screen" rather than hibernate/suspend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

same problem here:
    mb: p7p55d evo
    cpu: i5-760
    ram: 4gb
    swap: 8gb (overkill i know)
    hd: 1.5tb
    ubuntu ver.: 10.10
    kernel: 2.6.35-22-generic-pae
    "Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless."
    Google <----- it is your friend

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast