Thread: Mouse issue with 10.10

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Mouse issue with 10.10

I'm having mouse issues with 10.10.

Equipment: Asus Eee 900, Celeron @ 900 MHz w/ 2 gig memory
    Mouse: Rocketfish (but issue replicable with mousepad)

When starting a program, the mouse may randomly not work within that program but does work outside of it, or vice-versa. For instance, when starting the text editor, the OS may not recognize mouse clicks inside the program (within the text editing portion, within the text editors menu bar etc.), but it does recognize mouse clicks outside the program (like clicking on the battery icon for battery status). This could also be reversed, where the OS only recognizes mouse clicks within the program but none externally (including the top status bar where the menu options, battery status, and clock are).

IF the mouse is not working inside the program and I click somewhere externally (like the battery status), this seems to temporarily fix the problem and allow clicking inside the program. However, this seems to switch the problem to where I can no longer click externally. This seems to be the only method of switching which area is selectable by mouse, as I have not found a reverse process. This forces me to close the program using Ctrl + Q instead of being able to click out, because the close button is in the top status bar. This seems to happen pretty much universally.

If the program is closed, then I can again click any thing on the main screen, including the top status bar.

I am currently running the netbook without the power supply plugged in. I will repost later when the power supply is connected to see if it makes a difference.

At first I thought the netbook was locked up, but the mouse still moves and if the cursor is active in a text editing area it still responds to keystrokes. It's not a disasterous bug, but it's annoying.

Beans

Re: Mouse issue with 10.10

Same issues, but on a desktop pc with 10.10, the problem started a month ago on 10.04.
    Any hints where to look, this happens pretty random, didn't find the cause yet.

Beans

Someone who could give pointers where to look? This might seem a small issue but i makes it very tedious to get something done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The problem solved with the last updates

Beans

What is/was the problem exactly and the cause? I did a upgrade yesterday and it wasn't fixed yet, perhaps this evening.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Oh !
    It did not fixed completely !
    There is no problem when I chang my language anymore... but it happens when I enable Num Lock !