Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WiFi issue in Ubuntu 10.10

Beans

Re: WiFi issue in Ubuntu 10.10

I just resolved a problem getting a wireless connection from my Acer Aspire Netbook with Atheros AR5XXXX wireless adapter to my D-Link DIR-625 Router that I want to share if it saves someone the wasted time it took me to figure it out.

The mac address for the Atheros wireless device actually sent to the router is different from that reported by the network manager in Ubuntu 10.04 on the Netbook. I only clued in when checking the router logs. Once I configured the router to accept this mac address no problem connecting.

Beans

I'm running into the same issue since my upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 with my Encore ENLWI-N wireless adapter.

I haven't been able to find a good solution for this so I have installed a copy of Debian 5 on the machine and it works like a charm. I would love to go back to Ubuntu though assuming this gets resolved quickly.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Wink Re: WiFi issue in Ubuntu 10.10

Quote Originally Posted by LostBits View Post
    I'm running into the same issue since my upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 with my Encore ENLWI-N wireless adapter.

I haven't been able to find a good solution for this so I have installed a copy of Debian 5 on the machine and it works like a charm. I would love to go back to Ubuntu though assuming this gets resolved quickly.
    Sometimes I think there shouldn't be another distribution like Ubuntu. If all thos developers would focus on Debian - Ubuntu will never be created but how good will be Debian by now ?
    We wouldn't have half of our current problems

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Forte125 View Post
    I think I found a solution:

sudo rfkill unblock wifi
    Thanks a lot. This worked for me - after much hair-pulling.

Beans

On the lenovo's with the Intel 5100 the rfkill command does not help when
    the n network connection locks. I also looked into the suggestion about the MAC
    address somehow changing and I don't believe my router is seeing that behavior
    either. Very frustrating, this laptop and Intel card was functioning reliably in 10.04.
    I still have one machine I didn't upgrade to 10.10 and it works perfectly connected
    to the n network.

Beans

Has anyone found the solution to the "disable wireless" problem that is in 10.10 but not 10.04 ?

Thanks in advance !
    ~Maymann

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Forte125 View Post
    I think I found a solution:

sudo rfkill unblock wifi
    omg thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

I've got this same issue. Lenovo IdeaPad U330 with Broadcom BCM4312 running the Broadcom STA driver. Have to reboot everytime my machine comes back from sleeping. Quite annoying. Didn't do this in 10.04.
    Last edited by sailor420; November 8th, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Does anyone know if there is a bug in launchpad open for this?

Beans

It's possible. I still am encountering the issue. It seems the issue has to do with the broadcom driver though...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast