Thread: Yay, the up button is back!

Beans

Talking Yay, the up button is back!

I don't know if this was a Nautilus or an Ubuntu change, but I am very happy to see the "up" button back in the file manager (the one that takes you to the parent directory.)

Is this a highly used button for anyone else out there?

Another thing that would be nice to see back is the option to switch the path from that button view to the text view like they used to have. I think this feature is handled very nicely by Windows 7. Does anyone have a problem with the way windows 7 (Edit: and Vista) handles displaying the current file at the top of the file manager? To me, it's the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by thezman; October 13th, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Beans

Re: Yay, the up button is back!

The up button never left. Both it and the Pencil icon, which will switch the path view from button to text, can be added to your toolbar via Edit>Customize Toolbar...

Beans

Re: Yay, the up button is back!

Wow, was that there in the last version of Ubuntu? I remember reading that getting the button to change the path view was impossible. The only thing that I found was changing it perminantly to the text view with gconf-editor. The people making those suggestions could just have been misguided though.
    Thanks for the tip!