Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Free Web Hosting?

Beans

Re: Best Free Web Hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
    Randomly asking(since I've never set up a server) won't he need his computer running 24/7 for that?
    If you want 24/7 access yes. I see mention of leaving the machine on all the time. Here's the numbers off of my laptop.

11.1 volts * 4.05 amps / hour = 44.995 Watts/hour * 24 hours/day = 1078.92 watss/day = 1.07892 KW/hours * $0.10 per KW/hour = 10.7892 cents / day to run.
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Nice job with the math, it helps when it seems like people know what they're talking about like the back of their hand. I think I've found the perfect free host, though. I'll let you guys know as soon as I upload everything.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GrantStoner View Post
    Nice job with the math, it helps when it seems like people know what they're talking about like the back of their hand. I think I've found the perfect free host, though. I'll let you guys know as soon as I upload everything.
    And IF you ever want your own server you know where to post!
    Debian Stable
    FluxBox
    Mark Your Thread Solved

Beans
    Distro

I'm going to mark this thread as closed, only cause I've found my host - at last! HostCell.net is magnificent. It allows all filetypes, completely free on my end, allows all markup languages (HTML, CSS, etc). Even the music in the background plays. The only complaint is - they don't automatically just give you server space. You have to type a few sentences telling them the purpose of your website, and they'll approve it. Other than that, they are the best thing I could find in the world of free hosting.

Everyone please feel free to check out my site now that it's live!
    TheHaxLab.hostcell.net
    And please post back here on this thread (even if marked closed) and give me your feedback! All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Or email me at thehaxlab@gmail.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This isn't a support question, move to the Cafe

Beans
    Distro

What? Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking of me. Move the thread to a different category?

Beans

Online solutions are definitely the way to go! I used to use free solutions, which I thought were free – but because there was so much installation and effort – it ended up costing me tons of $$ and headache.

Now there are solutions like haikuob.com where it is hosted, and all of the tech part is done for you. I have my own business going on it, and it handles the shopping cart, website, customer database, email marketing and it’s all in one system! I’ll never go back to regular hosting or scripts – ever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by GrantStoner View Post
    What? Sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking of me. Move the thread to a different category?
    Where it wasn't a support question regarding Ubuntu, it was moved to the area where all other items (within reason) are acceptable. The community cafe =D
    MBA M1 - M1 8GB 256GB - macOS Monterey
    MSI GL65 - i5-10300H 16GB 512GB GTX 1650 Windows 11
    Galaxy Book Go - Snapdragon 7c Gen 2 4GB 128GB Windows 11

Beans
    Distro

Ooooh, gotcha. Thanks mate. I'll pay more attention where I'm posting in the future. ^_^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123