Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beans
    1

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    Hi.
    For installing MatLab you can do very simple thing!
    In directory MATLAB/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin go in properties of file java. Tab "rights": click "permission allows the file as a program".
    Enjoy.
    Last edited by r_ivan87; November 26th, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    4

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    i've had all sorts of problems with the installation,solving a problem only to be faced with another.
    the install file is simply messed up and i've extracted the commands that do the real work from it.
    it's important to highlight that i these commands are for Matlab R2010b which i use now.

    cd to the directory where the install file resides then type the following commands:
    Code:
    mkdir -p /tmp/java/jar
    cp -rf ./java/jar/* /tmp/java/jar
    chmod -R +w /tmp/java/jar 2>/dev/null
    mkdir -p /tmp/java/jarext
    cp -rf ./java/jarext/* /tmp/java/jarext
    chmod -R +w /tmp/java/jarext 2>/dev/null
    sudo ./java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java -d32 -Djava.ext.dirs=./java/jre/glnx86/jre/lib/ext:/tmp/java/jar:/tmp/java/jarext -jar /tmp/java/jar/installwizard.jar -root . -javadir ./java/jre/glnx86/jre
    i hope this starts the installation successfully.
    notice the installation directory that will appear in the wizard and copy it's name somewhere.
    make a shortcut on you desktop or panel ,and paste the name of the installation directory that you recorded where the shortcut requests 'command' and give it the -desktop option.
    Last edited by m.hAMDy; December 21st, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    10

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    I'm also trying to install Matlab 2010b, but on Ubuntu 10.04.

    I try to run ./install script - I get similar error messages, but instead of permission denied I obtain:

    Code:
    Installing ...
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 1: �<�i��1�ai�hY: not found
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 1: e�h/�%�M}����Bh�_��J��X�Gc@�Z���: not found
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 6: cannot open 
                                                                      E�O������7���: No such file
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 11: B��ZS���ߌ4���: not found
    �᾿pLRr�6yXB��蒗T�>�0�����������6/jre/bin/java: 11: OȚBk�u
    J5M{n��?�V��Q    ^+�$=!�٤����ka�1
    ����Q��_ہ<���%����w�)�h��_��q��� �hP��y}�K��3����¤'������w!ѱ�
    �&��U�Gl\�sʽ���$
    <���ĉ�ƴ�������Y��}�1i��3: File name too long
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 11: /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 12: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")��λ������B���LBվ��g�2#4�E�uj�: not found
    
    Finished
    Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue?

    EDIT: Okay, I found the solution to my problem - I had been using incorrect mount parameters
    Last edited by mazzatelli; December 26th, 2010 at 04:03 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Beans
    1

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    I have the same problem here ..
    can you help me to solve it!!



    Quote Originally Posted by mazzatelli View Post
    I'm also trying to install Matlab 2010b, but on Ubuntu 10.04.

    I try to run ./install script - I get similar error messages, but instead of permission denied I obtain:

    Code:
    Installing ...
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 1: �<�i��1�ai�hY: not found
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 1: e�h/�%�M}����Bh�_��J��X�Gc@�Z���: not found
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 6: cannot open 
                                                                      E�O������7���: No such file
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 11: B��ZS���ߌ4���: not found
    �᾿pLRr�6yXB��蒗T�>�0�����������6/jre/bin/java: 11: OȚBk�u
    J5M{n��?�V��Q    ^+�$=!�٤����ka�1
    ����Q��_ہ<���%����w�)�h��_��q��� �hP��y}�K��3����¤'������w!ѱ�
    �&��U�Gl\�sʽ���$
    <���ĉ�ƴ�������Y��}�1i��3: File name too long
    /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 11: /tmp/mathworks_22813/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin/java: 12: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")��λ������B���LBվ��g�2#4�E�uj�: not found
    
    Finished
    Does anyone have an idea what could be the issue?

    EDIT: Okay, I found the solution to my problem - I had been using incorrect mount parameters

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    This is the X problem. You can simply login as root.

    Before running the install script.

    run the following command

    xauth merge .Xauthority

    That is it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Beans
    10

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by adib85 View Post
    I have the same problem here ..
    can you help me to solve it!!
    The way I solved it was because there was something wrong with the way I mounted the .iso file.
    I was using Furius ISO mount, when you should use:
    Code:
    sudo mount debianetch.iso /media/isoimage/ -t iso9660 -o loop
    Then the install should work properly

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Beans
    1

    Question Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    Well, it's more than 4 days now since I have downloaded that massive iso for MATLAB R2010B and still can't figure out how to get the installer to run on Ubuntu 10.10. I tried to run the installer as explained in the included pdf:

    >sudo sh /media/cdrom/MATHWORK_R2010B/install &
    or:
    sudo sh /media/cdrom/MATHWORKS_R2010B/./install

    but the installer doesn't initiate giving a list of 100 error messages with java. I tired to change the permission for the java file at: MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin but still have the same issue.

    This is a portion of the list of errors the installer ended with:

    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/dws-client-v3.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/geronimo-stax-api.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/glazedlists_java15.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/guice.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/jaccess-1_4.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/jdom.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/mail.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/neethi.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/wsdl4j.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/wstx-asl.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/xercesImpl.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/xml-apis.jar': Input/output error
    Installing ...
    Finished

    I would really appreciate any ideas!

    Thanks,

    Zaher

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Beans
    3

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    I am basically having the same problem! However, for me it is with Ubuntu 11.04 and MATLAB R2011a!


    Quote Originally Posted by gharibi View Post
    Well, it's more than 4 days now since I have downloaded that massive iso for MATLAB R2010B and still can't figure out how to get the installer to run on Ubuntu 10.10. I tried to run the installer as explained in the included pdf:

    >sudo sh /media/cdrom/MATHWORK_R2010B/install &
    or:
    sudo sh /media/cdrom/MATHWORKS_R2010B/./install

    but the installer doesn't initiate giving a list of 100 error messages with java. I tired to change the permission for the java file at: MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jre/glnx86/jre/bin but still have the same issue.

    This is a portion of the list of errors the installer ended with:

    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/dws-client-v3.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/geronimo-stax-api.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/glazedlists_java15.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/guice.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/jaccess-1_4.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/jdom.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/mail.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/neethi.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/wsdl4j.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/wstx-asl.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/xercesImpl.jar': Input/output error
    cp: reading `/media/MATHWORKS_R2010B/java/jarext/xml-apis.jar': Input/output error
    Installing ...
    Finished

    I would really appreciate any ideas!

    Thanks,

    Zaher

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Beans
    4

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    has anybody tried the instructions i listed above?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    4

    Re: Problem installing MATLAB on 10.10

    Quote Originally Posted by Tandrial View Post
    dirname: fehlender Operand
    „dirname --help“ gibt weitere Informationen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Cannot locate Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
    The directory /java/jre/glnx86/jre does not exist.
    I had similar problem. And I found out a solution at Mathworks Support.
    It happens when the path to iso has spaces. I didn't get this error once I mounted my iso to \media\matlab and installed from there
    Last edited by safaroth; June 4th, 2011 at 06:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •