Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody happy with Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Anybody happy with Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10?

Yes, is anybody happy with Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10? I think it's working beautifully!

I'm not entirely sure of it's significance from 10.04, but it's sparkling...

I thinking about making some useful links here to quickly apply so you can surely enjoy too!

This will include changing the start-up screen that you can find advise on here on the forums...

Have a good day!
    Last edited by Aetixintro; October 12th, 2010 at 06:34 AM. Reason: adding post tag

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Anybody happy with Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10?

I got almost everything to work so, yes, I am happy with 10.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Running perfectly on 4 machines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Apart from no ability to have my email signature in Evolution, yep I'm super happy and it's super snappy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Definitely not!! I installed upgrade on one PC and did upgrade on another. In both cases Internet connection required Keyring Password unlike being preset in 10.04 and Pokerstars.com does not work with Wine where it worked perfectly in 10.04. Load time was only about 5 secs faster than 10.04.
    I will delete both installations and go back to 10.04 which is nearly the perfect 10!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

It's running good, but it lags sometimes (it actually has a fewer programs installed than the previous Lucid installation of mine). And my screen resolution doesn't like getting changed. The rest works pretty fine and I can deal with the tinyness.
    twitter | deviantart | website

i suppert sonikku teh hedgehog

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Prof138 View Post
    Definitely not!! I installed upgrade on one PC and did upgrade on another. In both cases Internet connection required Keyring Password unlike being preset in 10.04 and Pokerstars.com does not work with Wine where it worked perfectly in 10.04. Load time was only about 5 secs faster than 10.04.
    I will delete both installations and go back to 10.04 which is nearly the perfect 10!
    My experience was that if you hit cancel when it asks to create a keyring and still connects, that it never asks again. Those keyrings are designed to protect passwords, but I've never understood why anyone would want to put a wireless key in there. There are better ways to control networks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

So you're going to spend a couple of hours re-installing Lucid, instead of spending 10 minutes searching for howto solve your two minor problems?

To solve your keyring problem, have a look here.

Beans
    Hidden!

How I can upgrade from 10.04? On the update manager it doesn't give me that option to upgrade to 10.10.

Did you do an update or a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10.
    If you did an update, out of my own experience, unless you have hundreds of Gigabytes of data to move, it's a waste of time.
    The update took me several hours and did not complete at the end. At one point I stopped writing down all the warnings. Taking screen shots did not work and copy and save from the terminal either.

So after two hours wasting my time, I decided to move my 20 gigabytes of dater to a save place and use my usb for a fresh install.

I custom formatted the drive using a boot partition swap and main with ext3 instead of ext4. It took me 20 minutes to install with Internet enabled.
    And I am happy with it so far.
    It installed the pae kernel by default. No crashing which I had with all my previous attempts.
    Only cinelerra is not available yet.
    And the Nvidia N220GT 2x500MB DDR3 gives me this
    Code:
    NVRM: os_raise_smp_barrier(), invalid context!
    in the logs but no crashes.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast